my 6r bogs @ 9k RPM - Page 2 - KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Powerhungry
 
nevada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Yakima, Wa..... 2005 636
Posts: 35,353
           
sounds like the fuel pump.

and if another system has a fault...you can still get an FI light. its not JUST for the servo motor.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7452561/


ERIN

PM me for info about contributing to Erins boob job. pics in the link above.
nevada is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Core Member
 
whitehendrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wilmington, Nc.. building fantastical shit
Posts: 28,305
           
something stupid perhaps, but can the rev limiter be set eeasily thru the dash like on the CBRs?

just a thought.. maybe someones fuckin with ya.

i can bump the rev limit up or down just with the buttons on the dash on the CBRs. i learned tyhat on the shop-sponsored 1K race bike one day. i could set the redline to be 4K if i want to.

just a stupid thought..


►Sept09 B.O.T.M. winner◄
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinJason44 View Post
Never lick a hooker in the coin purse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizzmister
Bike pulls real hard and smooth, kinda like Supra's mom, but without the regret
Need A "How To"? CLICK ME!!
whitehendrix is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Powerhungry
 
nevada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Yakima, Wa..... 2005 636
Posts: 35,353
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehendrix View Post
something stupid perhaps, but can the rev limiter be set eeasily thru the dash like on the CBRs?

just a thought.. maybe someones fuckin with ya.

i can bump the rev limit up or down just with the buttons on the dash on the CBRs. i learned tyhat on the shop-sponsored 1K race bike one day. i could set the redline to be 4K if i want to.

just a stupid thought..
no.
the shift light can be adjusted, but not the limiter.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7452561/


ERIN

PM me for info about contributing to Erins boob job. pics in the link above.
nevada is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Core Member
 
whitehendrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wilmington, Nc.. building fantastical shit
Posts: 28,305
           
ah. thank you.


►Sept09 B.O.T.M. winner◄
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinJason44 View Post
Never lick a hooker in the coin purse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizzmister
Bike pulls real hard and smooth, kinda like Supra's mom, but without the regret
Need A "How To"? CLICK ME!!
whitehendrix is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Banned
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 219
  
Send a message via AIM to Mark636SD Send a message via Yahoo to Mark636SD
thanks for the help guys i am now looking for some fuel pump so well see what happens
Mark636SD is offline  
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 03:58 AM
Member
 
WestCoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 929
           
I have the same problems for months now. Hit a wall at 9krpm, can't do more then 100mph in 6th gear. I can only buy 1 thing next paycheck, throttlebodies or fuel pump?

- 2008 Black Ninja 250 (19,100 miles ridden) SOLD
- 2006 Black Ninja 636 (21,500+ miles ridden)
WestCoast is offline  
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Member
 
Travis_2308's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 278
       
fuel pump, the throttle bodies shouldn't have gotten messed up, maybe out of sync, but you probably don't need new ones. I don't know your whole situation though
Travis_2308 is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 02:36 AM
Member
 
WestCoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 929
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis_2308 View Post
fuel pump, the throttle bodies shouldn't have gotten messed up, maybe out of sync, but you probably don't need new ones. I don't know your whole situation though
Okay i will. Ive had the throttle bodies problem before and it was 6krpm limit, I could still hear the throttlebodies priming when i turn it on and when i had the throttlebodies problem, i would get a code 32 fi light.

I think the fuel/gas filter might be clogged.

- 2008 Black Ninja 250 (19,100 miles ridden) SOLD
- 2006 Black Ninja 636 (21,500+ miles ridden)
WestCoast is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 04:04 AM
Core Member
 
whitehendrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wilmington, Nc.. building fantastical shit
Posts: 28,305
           
the throttle bodies aren't priming and RARELY develop any issues. the fuel system itself is priming. .the injectors are a seperate entity of the TBs.

if you bought TBs, chances are you won't be getting the injectors or rail anyway. besides.. everyones sayin fuel pump.. fuel demand goes linearly (sorta) with load. the faster you go, the more fuel it needs since more air is getting crammed into the motor.. MAPO sensors see this, relay that to the ECU and it starts modifying injector pulse timing and duty cycle. if the injectors are operating at .. lets say 50% with partial load and 45 Psi of fuel at.. oh lets just say 1 LPM, then at low speeds, you can see that the injectors have more than enough fuel behind them to do their job and make shit happen.. now, increse engine speed and load.. seeing we need more fuel, ECu opens the floodgates. not sure when the secondary injectors kick in at, but if this is the point it happens, you can see what's gonna happen if the pump cannot keep up with the demand. fuel pressure might be high enough to atomize, but fuel rate (delivery) may not be enough to atomize and/or feed all the cylinders to their needs.

fuck the inside of my ear is itch as a motherfucker


►Sept09 B.O.T.M. winner◄
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinJason44 View Post
Never lick a hooker in the coin purse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizzmister
Bike pulls real hard and smooth, kinda like Supra's mom, but without the regret
Need A "How To"? CLICK ME!!
whitehendrix is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 04:12 AM
Member
 
WestCoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 929
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehendrix View Post
the throttle bodies aren't priming and RARELY develop any issues. the fuel system itself is priming. .the injectors are a seperate entity of the TBs.

if you bought TBs, chances are you won't be getting the injectors or rail anyway. besides.. everyones sayin fuel pump.. fuel demand goes linearly (sorta) with load. the faster you go, the more fuel it needs since more air is getting crammed into the motor.. MAPO sensors see this, relay that to the ECU and it starts modifying injector pulse timing and duty cycle. if the injectors are operating at .. lets say 50% with partial load and 45 Psi of fuel at.. oh lets just say 1 LPM, then at low speeds, you can see that the injectors have more than enough fuel behind them to do their job and make shit happen.. now, increse engine speed and load.. seeing we need more fuel, ECu opens the floodgates. not sure when the secondary injectors kick in at, but if this is the point it happens, you can see what's gonna happen if the pump cannot keep up with the demand. fuel pressure might be high enough to atomize, but fuel rate (delivery) may not be enough to atomize and/or feed all the cylinders to their needs.

fuck the inside of my ear is itch as a motherfucker
yeah the night before i had this problem, i used too much fuel injector cleaners, i think i used a full bottle that's good for 15-20 gallons for my 4 gallon gas tank. the next day i get this problem. But it was fine when i poured it in and rode it all night long. The damage was the next day.

I'm buying a fuel pump

- 2008 Black Ninja 250 (19,100 miles ridden) SOLD
- 2006 Black Ninja 636 (21,500+ miles ridden)
WestCoast is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome