Here is the situation: Bike was running perfectly fine on Saturday, on Monday morning when I went out to go to work I could not get the bike to start. Here's some background information:
1) Bike goes through the warm-up routine as usual (FI primes, running lights on, guage dial moves, etc)
2) Rectifier has already been replaced, so unless they replaced with an equally crappy one I don't think it is the culprit
3) No FI warning or code
4) Yes, there is fuel in the tank
5) Engine spins when I press the ignition button, but it does not kick into life.
6) The battery is only 1-2 years old, gets the tender-treatment over the winter, should be in okay working order (it is currently hooked up to a trickle charger just in case
right now though)
I have a feeling that the spark plugs were not changed at 7500 miles as they are supposed to be; the bike now has 15,000 miles on the clock. As a result, I am thinking that they might be the culprit, and will be picking up new plugs tomorrow evening. In the meantime, I was hoping someone could chime in and either confirm that I am heading in the right direction for now, or if I'm off-base and if something else (such as a dead rectifier) is the more likely culprit.
Here is a quick cell phone video I took so you folks can hear what the bike sounds like when I try to start it: