Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Replacing a stolen bike

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  csimon 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently (NOV 30) had my 2007 ZZR 600 stolen. I loved that bike. It was in brilliant condition. I was fortunate to get a big insurance claim and have an extra $1600 to put down on a new bike. I want to get into a 650r, but I am a college student so a brand new one is out of the question. There is a '12 model near me with 1500 miles at a dealer. They are asking $6500. Any suggestions? I would like to hear what people have been paying for a similar bike. Thanks!

-Johnny

PS. I know the kbb value is about $6050

See less See more
#2 ·
for 6500 you can buy whatever used bike there is on craigslist. unless you are only aiming for the newest bike possible, your choices are vast with 6500

#5 ·
Hey guys,

I recently (NOV 30) had my 2007 ZZR 600 stolen. I loved that bike. It was in brilliant condition. I was fortunate to get a big insurance claim and have an extra $1600 to put down on a new bike. I want to get into a 650r, but I am a college student so a brand new one is out of the question. There is a '12 model near me with 1500 miles at a dealer. They are asking $6500. Any suggestions? I would like to hear what people have been paying for a similar bike. Thanks!

-Johnny

PS. I know the kbb value is about $6050

Offer the dealer kbb and let him check for himself. If there are no mods to the bike then I wouldn't offer a penny more than kbb. In fact, I would prefer no mods except for maybe a tidy tail. But this is just my opinion, and this is a wonderful bike with excellent fuel ecomony.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.