Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

ER-6N indicator help

6K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  bikemanrob 
#1 ·
yo everyone,
Started to do a few mods to the er6, Bought a tail-tidy, LED indicators, Tank pad and a few other bits.
What will i need in order for the LED indicators to flash at the correct rate inline with the front standard indicators? Is it just a case of bunging a LED relay in? By doing this will it effect the flashing of the front indicators?

Many thanks, Im not clued up on the electrics side haha

#6 ·
I wired in new LED turn signals for the back (competition werkes) and they flash at an acceptable rate for me, seems close to the original rate to me. I left the front signals stock so that might be offering enough resistance to keep them from flashing too fast. I would say to try it without an added resistor first and see what you think. I have a friend with an FZ1 that wired LEDs in for front and back along with an integrated tail light, his flash pretty fast, but he just left it that way. I didn't think it was all that bad either. I can still tell he is signalling to turn.

#8 ·
Check the flash rate is between 60 and 120 flashes per minute. It's checked as part of the MOT.

LED relay should be OK, but do check.

Alternatively an 8 ohm relay fitted between each of the leds and ground will restore the original flash rate. Resistor should be a wire wound one rated at about 5W. Actual loading is a fair bit higher, but it's only flashing intermittently for a few seconds at a time.

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.