Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

My new addition

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  weebel 
#1 ·
Picked this bad boy up today. Still have my 6R but not sure what I want to do with it.

In the meantime I will enjoy this

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Those are fun bikes, sound really cool and the quick shifter is awesome on the R. i rode one of the first ones in WA a while back when i worked at a dealership. i thought about getting one but its just to dam small for me its like a pocket bike and i was really unimpressed with the power band on the highway it felt like it was all noise and no balls up there but it could have been because it was a brand new bike unbroken in. did you get a chance to ride the speed triple? those 1050 motors are awesome and the Brembo brakes they have are amazing i almost did an endo on the highway just taping the brakes.

#4 ·
Thanks!

I'm really enjoying it so far but going to wait for the first service to have some real fun with it. I haven't had a chance to ride either 675 or 1050 before buying but I could only imagine how nice that Speed Triple must be.

The brakes on this bike are awesome too. Its strange having all these go fast parts on this bike stock like the quick shifter. Can't wait until this rain stops tomorrow!

#5 ·
Congrats on the bike... The Daytona are awesome machines, and the R model even more so..
Waiting to see the new style daytona in the fleash, before i decide on buying the R model like yours or the new R..
Something nice about only having to put on an exhaust (stock ecu is writable for $11), and possibly having to respring for a near perfect bike.

#9 ·
Thanks brotha. I was dead set on the 09-12 model and not at all interested in the 13 even though I haven't seen one in person yet. All the dealers were still asking MSRP on them but I managed to get the price down...it will be easier you to finagle them once the 13's are here for sure.

This thing stock is already louder than my 6R with a LV slip on. The bike is so nimble too.

I suggest you just cruise around and make people jelly. That's what I'd do. If you haven't already you could go straight up track whore with the Ninja and just use the Duc for street riding. Keep her pretty and show her off.

Congrats on the new toy.
It gets a lot of attention people love the color. I was thinking about going straight track on the 6R but I'm still finishing up school...I don't think I should have two bikes haha. A fender eliminator, GB racing covers and track fairings will probably be the first items I get.

Glad I decided to go with this bike.

#6 ·
Picked this bad boy up today. Still have my 6R but not sure what I want to do with it.

In the meantime I will enjoy this

I suggest you just cruise around and make people jelly. That's what I'd do. If you haven't already you could go straight up track whore with the Ninja and just use the Duc for street riding. Keep her pretty and show her off.

Congrats on the new toy.

#10 ·
Check out optimum racing fairings, best deal out there and also in sunny CALI...

Great thing about the R model, dont need gearing changes, for most the suspension is just some turns of a wrench away, and lightest bike in class.. a slip on is an easy 10lbs off the bike and good for another 3-4rwhp. The arrow system sounds so amazing!

Right now working on a 2011 model from cali, used with 900 miles.

#12 · (Edited)
Is that OPP Racing? I'll be sure to check them out. I agree about how it is setup with no need to do anything serious. I have my heart set on that Arrow slip for sure even though I don't think I'll need anymore power!

Good luck on the 2011.

Congrats on the new bike!
Thanks! :D

The garage is getting a little cramped LOL...(with my buddies RSV4 Factory)

Attachments

#19 ·
That's most most likely him. I think he's on a couple of those forums.

Get it they sound awesome. The Triumph rep for the store i worked at brought the brand new 675R with a TI arrow fitted, really made the bike stand out i loved it when i was lugging the motor a bit getting on the on ramp to the highway.
Yeah man even with the stock exhaust the bike sounds great. Its already louder than my '07 6R with a Leo Vince slip on!

It's a lot of coin for that pipe though lol

#20 ·
Somebody in my neighborhood has that exact bike, same white color... man that thing is sick. I like my 650R and all but those Daytonas, especially in white are just something else...

I would love the chance to own one someday, perhaps after I run the 650R into the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.