BOTM 2005 636 January - KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Siloam Springs Ar.
Posts: 29
   
BOTM 2005 636 January

This is my 05 Kawasaki 636 I recently finished
Remote controlled Air FX Air Ride
Stretched 12"
Shaved Left Headlight
Shaved Front Turn signals
Shaved Key Ignition
Smoothed Gastank Panels
Race Tail with Tail light Added
Toggle Switch Panel for Ignition, Head Light, Fan and Air Ride
Paint by Street Driven Customs
Vortex Rearsets, Clipons, Rear Sprocket, and Gas Cap
Carrozzeria Wheels
Luimoto Seat
Galfer Rotors and Brake Lines
Power Commander lll, Ignition and Quick Shifter
Bridgestone Race Slicks
Samco Sport Radiator Hoses
Werkes Exhaust

Hope you guys like it!




Last edited by ck613; 12-25-2012 at 09:45 PM.
ck613 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Member
 
Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 473
          
So sad to see this done to what used to be a nice bike



Edit;
I definitely don't see the point of doing... well, ANY of these mods to a 636. However, the craftsmanship that goes into it is rather impressive fro a garage build.


Last edited by Caps; 12-25-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Caps is offline  
post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 05:06 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
locknload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: rm. 187,psych ward,southern maine '07 ZX14R, '95 ZX7
Posts: 14,626
           
Send a message via Yahoo to locknload
That's a beautiful machine, very well done. It's a shame nobody understands what they're looking at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillits View Post
a beer-drinking, pot smoking, naked bike trashing hillbilly like you has an iPOD Touch ??--cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Soetoro View Post
"Blah blah my bike is faster than yours around a technical track". Yawn. Well I on my feet can beat your small bike in a race of 100 laps around my couch
locknload is offline  
post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 05:26 AM
Moar Bikes!
 
jclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 10,798
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by locknload View Post
That's a beautiful machine, very well done. It's a shame nobody understands what they're looking at.
This. Especially the last sentence. Nice bike man.

6 bikes and counting.
jclark is offline  
post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 06:16 AM
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5
 
Looks like it's been done very well. However, I genuinely don't understand the purpose of extended swingarms on what is supposed to be a light nimble sports bike. What is the benefit of doing this?





Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
epic monkey is offline  
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
locknload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: rm. 187,psych ward,southern maine '07 ZX14R, '95 ZX7
Posts: 14,626
           
Send a message via Yahoo to locknload
People modify their bikes for different purposes. In a perfect world we would all ride the same exact bike for the same exact purpose, I guess.

Boring......

BTW: the extended swingarm is to keep the front wheel on the ground under hard acceleration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillits View Post
a beer-drinking, pot smoking, naked bike trashing hillbilly like you has an iPOD Touch ??--cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Soetoro View Post
"Blah blah my bike is faster than yours around a technical track". Yawn. Well I on my feet can beat your small bike in a race of 100 laps around my couch
locknload is offline  
post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Jr. Member
 
carlspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 36
 
I'm with the majority I guess. I respect the level of the build, and I'll say that it does look kind of nice. However I think the end product is relatively useless, it's pretty much not street legal, and you can't take it to a road track. Sure, I guess you could take it to a 1/4, but then everyone with a liter bike and nitrous is going to annihilate you, so I don't really see the point unless it's 100% for looks.
carlspeed is offline  
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
locknload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: rm. 187,psych ward,southern maine '07 ZX14R, '95 ZX7
Posts: 14,626
           
Send a message via Yahoo to locknload
I think it's a shame to see all this hard work getting shit on in here.
How many of you have built anything on this level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillits View Post
a beer-drinking, pot smoking, naked bike trashing hillbilly like you has an iPOD Touch ??--cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Soetoro View Post
"Blah blah my bike is faster than yours around a technical track". Yawn. Well I on my feet can beat your small bike in a race of 100 laps around my couch
locknload is offline  
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Siloam Springs Ar.
Posts: 29
   
First of all thanks to the guys with the positive comments. I guess I'll never understand the sportbike community, you guys act like sportbikes can only be used for one thing and that one thing is what YOU happen to like, try being a little more open minded! I have done it all when it comes to sportbikes, road raced a little bit of stunt and have been ridding on the streets for around 16 years, Im not some squid that took his bike to the local shop and told them to trick it out. I built this bike 100% in my garage and I am damn proud of it! I wanted a full blown custom with a race bike feel to it and this was the end result, I obviously didnt build it to tear up any twisty roads, it was built to show, take to bike nights and just have some fun on.
And for those that say I ruined this bike..... I will post up some pics of what it looked like when I started on it, this thing was about two steps away from the junk yard.

So maybe we can all put our ego's to the side and stop acting like you are the most hard core rider in this whole forum and everyone else's rides suck because they dont look just like yours.
ck613 is offline  
post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 12:32 AM
Moar Bikes!
 
jclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 10,798
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck613 View Post
First of all thanks to the guys with the positive comments. I guess I'll never understand the sportbike community, you guys act like sportbikes can only be used for one thing and that one thing is what YOU happen to like, try being a little more open minded! I have done it all when it comes to sportbikes, road raced a little bit of stunt and have been ridding on the streets for around 16 years, Im not some squid that took his bike to the local shop and told them to trick it out. I built this bike 100% in my garage and I am damn proud of it! I wanted a full blown custom with a race bike feel to it and this was the end result, I obviously didnt build it to tear up any twisty roads, it was built to show, take to bike nights and just have some fun on.
And for those that say I ruined this bike..... I will post up some pics of what it looked like when I started on it, this thing was about two steps away from the junk yard.

So maybe we can all put our ego's to the side and stop acting like you are the most hard core rider in this whole forum and everyone else's rides suck because they dont look just like yours.
Well said.

6 bikes and counting.
jclark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome