How to: replace your clutch plates - Page 3 - KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Jr. Member
 
roadrash32433's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: DeFuniak Springs, Florida
Posts: 189
     
thanks guys! do you know by chance what size the nut is and the torque for reinstallation?

It's a beautiful day!!!

'02 ZX6R-M4 exhaust, Stage II Factory jet kit, Sprockets: -1 front, +5 rear, K&N air filter, Zero Gravity double bubble, carbon fiber sliders and levers, pro grips, integrated smoked tail light and rear hugger!!!
roadrash32433 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Core Member
 
whitehendrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wilmington, Nc.. building fantastical shit
Posts: 28,305
           
not sure man. if i had to guess, probably 30MM. but could be between 28 and 32 probably


►Sept09 B.O.T.M. winner◄
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinJason44 View Post
Never lick a hooker in the coin purse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizzmister
Bike pulls real hard and smooth, kinda like Supra's mom, but without the regret
Need A "How To"? CLICK ME!!
whitehendrix is offline  
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Member
 
prelupino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cary, North Carolina, United States.
Posts: 259
           
just did this, easy as pie, thanks~!
prelupino is offline  
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Core Member
 
whitehendrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wilmington, Nc.. building fantastical shit
Posts: 28,305
           


►Sept09 B.O.T.M. winner◄
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinJason44 View Post
Never lick a hooker in the coin purse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizzmister
Bike pulls real hard and smooth, kinda like Supra's mom, but without the regret
Need A "How To"? CLICK ME!!
whitehendrix is offline  
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 493
         
seems my thrust bearings may have decided to make some noise - any tips for checking/replacing etc?

in neutral;
clutch in - no noise
clutch out - mechanical noise that seems to be getting louder every few weeks

recently changed to Comp 4 15/40 which has made the gearbox much smoother
98Ninja6 is offline  
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 08:06 PM
Jr. Member
 
effortless636's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: BodyMore MurdaLand
Posts: 5
 
seeking advice. When starting from stop the bike will shudder for a second or two occasionally, especially in excessive heat. also when downshifting this occurs. But not all the time. Is it time for a new clutch?
Not sure if this is b/c of cable adjustment or worn clutch, but when I coast the bike with clutch in, the bike isn't so smooth, so still a bit of engagement. But running out of cable length. Have 18 k on 05 zx6r. Any help appreciated.
effortless636 is offline  
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Core Member
 
whitehendrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wilmington, Nc.. building fantastical shit
Posts: 28,305
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Ninja6 View Post
seems my thrust bearings may have decided to make some noise - any tips for checking/replacing etc?

in neutral;
clutch in - no noise
clutch out - mechanical noise that seems to be getting louder every few weeks

recently changed to Comp 4 15/40 which has made the gearbox much smoother

i think i'd take the suspect bearing out and spin it with a drill or something.. see if it makes noise.. sometimes that shit is the problem, sometimes it's sound transmission thru case webbing.



Quote:
Originally Posted by effortless636 View Post
seeking advice. When starting from stop the bike will shudder for a second or two occasionally, especially in excessive heat. also when downshifting this occurs. But not all the time. Is it time for a new clutch?
Not sure if this is b/c of cable adjustment or worn clutch, but when I coast the bike with clutch in, the bike isn't so smooth, so still a bit of engagement. But running out of cable length. Have 18 k on 05 zx6r. Any help appreciated.

fucked up ass b-more traffic kickin that bikes ass, eh? lol

18K is a pretty good amount of time on a clutch.. especially city riding.

i would at least inspect the clutch stack and check the anti-chatter rings.. see if they're still there and whatnot.


►Sept09 B.O.T.M. winner◄
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinJason44 View Post
Never lick a hooker in the coin purse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizzmister
Bike pulls real hard and smooth, kinda like Supra's mom, but without the regret
Need A "How To"? CLICK ME!!
whitehendrix is offline  
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
 
Hi, I habe a 87 klf300a 4x2 it has multi disc but it does not use a clutch is the instal the same?
New Quad User is offline  
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
 
Did you use torque wrench for spring bolts or is there another way? They have to be tight on 8,8Nm by the manual for zx6r 2007.
tmrki is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome