Someone requested a "How To" on replacing a battery in the 05/06 ZX-6R so here goes....
1) On the left plastic body panel, remove the two allen screws circled in red below and then remove the panel.
2) On the right plastic body panel, remove the single allen screw circled in red below and then remove the panel.
3) Remove the seat bolts as seen circled in red in the two pictures below, then remove the seat.
4) Remove the tank cover bolt. On a bike without a rotary style steering damper, your tank cover bolt will be where I have circled in red. If you have a damper, you will need to remove the damper and all mounting bolts.
5) Remove the tank base nut and bolt circled in red below. The nut will come right off, but you may have to jiggle the tank a bit to get the bolt to come all the way out.
6) Remove the left and right tank bolts that are running through the frame. The following two pictures have them circled in red.
7) Now you can either have a friend hold the tank up for a few minutes ... or just lift the back up with one hand while you remove the bolts circled below in the bar that runs across your battery. You do NOT need to disconnect any wires or fuel lines from your tank.
8) Now remove the two allen screws that are in your tail section pictured below.
9) Slide the bar out of the way and you can now access the battery terminals. All that you need to do from here is disconnect the negative terminal ... then the positive terminal ... then remove the battery.
10) Place the new battery in place and perform everything above in reverse order.