just bought my son a 1987 kx60.it didn't run.cleaned carb and changed fluids.starts up and idles fine but goes blahh when I give it the gas.let off gas and it returns to nice idle.any help much appreciated.
1) Take one of the of those wire ties that come on you sandwich bread. Remove the paper from the very thin gauge wire.
2) Remove the carb and disassemble it. Remove float bowl and slide.
3) Take the wire tie and run it through the main jet. Use carb cleaner and then blow through with compressed air.
4) Repeat step 3 a few times.
5) Put everything back together.
It should run better. If you only cleaned the carb with chemicals the first time, you almost certainly did not get all the crap out of it.
I recently struggled with a couple of my buddy’s kids bikes (Z50 and peewee 80). I cleaned the carb so many times with chemicals and compressed air my finger hurt. I did not want to buy an expensive kit (with really thin gauge wires) to run through the impossibly small jets. Someone turned me on to the wire tie thing and both bikes have never run better.
2005 ZX6R (and it's ugly)
2006 CRF 450
1993 CR 500, the big 2 smoke
I have cleaned it twice my neighbor told me to get a welding tip cleaner from home depot about $3 start with smallest and work up but be easy.I just acquired another kx60 that runs great gonna start changing parts til I find problem hopefully starting with carb will let you know what I find.Thanks again.
finally getting back,I did compress. test ,low removed cylinder to find one circlip had fallen off and scored cylinder sent to powerseal usa in pa. and just got it back and will put back together this week.will reply later with results