Please advice this noob on a 2009 zx6r : KawiForums.com Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki motorcycle forums
» Sponsors





» Insurance
Go Back   KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums > Open Discussion > Newbie Corner
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 03:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 14
bull3ttrain has at least 10 rep points
Default Please advice this noob on a 2009 zx6r

Hi all,

Am looking at a 2009 zx6r. I live in the Sacramento area and I was wondering if $6300 is a good deal for one with around 7000 miles on it.

KBB says $6700.

Please advice.

Thanks.
bull3ttrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-02-2012, 04:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
tilligetbig636 has at least 10 rep points
Default

sound like a good price imo, but do you like that model/year the most? try to lower the price the most you can, but at 6.3k is still not bad (I sold cars and bikes for a little while) I know there is usually some room to work with expecially if you show up with cash on hand. I love the 06 636 looks and would even pay a little extra if I had to for one. I love the look of the 09's zx6r after the tail clean up kit and after market exhaust!
tilligetbig636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: doylestown, pa or morgantown, wv
Posts: 113
mig1289 has at least 50 rep pointsmig1289 has at least 50 rep points
Default

My advice for the noob thinking of a zx6r... Buy a 250 ride the hell out of it for the next 6 months. Sell it for what you paid and get yourself a zx6r

Sent from my thumbs.
__________________
2005 ZX-6R 636 *SOLD*
2002 GSX-R 600 *SOLD*
2003 Ninja 250 *SOLD*
mig1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
williamr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 5,288
williamr has between 30,000 and 40,000 rep pointswilliamr has between 30,000 and 40,000 rep pointswilliamr has between 30,000 and 40,000 rep pointswilliamr has between 30,000 and 40,000 rep pointswilliamr has between 30,000 and 40,000 rep pointswilliamr has between 30,000 and 40,000 rep pointswilliamr has between 30,000 and 40,000 rep pointswilliamr has between 30,000 and 40,000 rep pointswilliamr has between 30,000 and 40,000 rep pointswilliamr has between 30,000 and 40,000 rep pointswilliamr has between 30,000 and 40,000 rep points
Default

If the OP is a noob to bikes, then MSF course and 10K miles on a 250.

But is he, or is just new to this forum?

Quick point. Advice is a noun. You can ask for advice, or you can ask people to advise you.


Rob

Last edited by williamr; 11-02-2012 at 05:26 AM.
williamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 14
bull3ttrain has at least 10 rep points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamr View Post
If the OP is a noob to bikes, then MSF course and 10K miles on a 250.

But is he, or is just new to this forum?

Quick point. Advice is a noun. You can ask for advice, or you can ask people to advise you.


Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1289 View Post
My advice for the noob thinking of a zx6r... Buy a 250 ride the hell out of it for the next 6 months. Sell it for what you paid and get yourself a zx6r

Sent from my thumbs.
Wow! thanks for pointing that out to me. BTW, am not new to riding. I have riding experience of atleast 2 years on 150 and 250cc motorcycles, so am new to the forum and 600cc class.

Last edited by bull3ttrain; 11-02-2012 at 11:50 AM.
bull3ttrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 14
bull3ttrain has at least 10 rep points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilligetbig636 View Post
sound like a good price imo, but do you like that model/year the most? try to lower the price the most you can, but at 6.3k is still not bad (I sold cars and bikes for a little while) I know there is usually some room to work with expecially if you show up with cash on hand. I love the 06 636 looks and would even pay a little extra if I had to for one. I love the look of the 09's zx6r after the tail clean up kit and after market exhaust!
Yeah. Good idea. Just a general question I have had in my mind for a while now. Are KBB prices reasonable and in the case of people selling motorcycles, do they just look at the KBB price of their motorcycle as a reference and use that to determine their selling price?.

Thanks
bull3ttrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Intermediate Member
 
av8r-92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ (I know...)
Posts: 1,655
av8r-92 has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep pointsav8r-92 has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep pointsav8r-92 has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep pointsav8r-92 has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep pointsav8r-92 has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep pointsav8r-92 has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep pointsav8r-92 has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep pointsav8r-92 has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep pointsav8r-92 has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep pointsav8r-92 has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep pointsav8r-92 has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep points
Default

When I was buying my 08 ZX6R, it was listed a little below KBB. I think it was $6,200 with 3,300 miles before he knocked another $300 off, so I think your price for an 09 looks pretty good for California.

You can always haggle a bit more and try to get another few hundred off.

You'll enjoy the ZX6R. It's a beast compared to the 250R. Good luck.

-Will
__________________
av8r-92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
04RDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fairfield, OH
Posts: 911
04RDA has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep points04RDA has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep points04RDA has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep points04RDA has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep points04RDA has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep points04RDA has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep points04RDA has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep points04RDA has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep points04RDA has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep points04RDA has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep points04RDA has between 7,500 and 10,000 rep points
Default

I think it sounds like a decent price. As mentioned, you can try to haggle a bit and see if the price will come down a bit lower. Good luck with your purchase. The 09 zx6r is a fun bike.

Sent from outerspace with the motorcycle.com app for space shuttle.
04RDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 14
bull3ttrain has at least 10 rep points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8r-92 View Post
When I was buying my 08 ZX6R, it was listed a little below KBB. I think it was $6,200 with 3,300 miles before he knocked another $300 off, so I think your price for an 09 looks pretty good for California.

You can always haggle a bit more and try to get another few hundred off.

You'll enjoy the ZX6R. It's a beast compared to the 250R. Good luck.

-Will
thanks Will.
bull3ttrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 14
bull3ttrain has at least 10 rep points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RDA View Post
I think it sounds like a decent price. As mentioned, you can try to haggle a bit and see if the price will come down a bit lower. Good luck with your purchase. The 09 zx6r is a fun bike.

Sent from outerspace with the motorcycle.com app for space shuttle.
thank you.
bull3ttrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum