New Guy - KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
 
New Guy

What's going on guys? I just picked up an 07 ZX6r with 19k miles yesterday..here are a couple of pictures, it was pretty stock, has a crappy skull windscreen on it, and didn't have the mirrors on it (I put them back on) This is my 5th sport bike, 8th bike overall and im pretty happy with it even though I haven't gotten to ride it yet..It's been rainy and it has the wires exposed in the rear tire.

It has adjustable lowering links and was lowered all the way when I got it, I raised it back up to stock height last night, and sprayed the blinkers and 3rd eye with some tint spray which actually turned out really good...I guess this is probably a little long of an introduction, but any tips on mods and your forum etiquette would be greatly appreciated! I'm ready to get this thing out on the road and feel her up to see if I'm going to keep her...If so, I have some pretty nice plans to change up the performance, I'm coming off of a REALLY torquey 2006 CBR 600RR Tribal edition that I miss DEARLY, selling was a mistake, I really miss that low end torque..






theres a couple of pics I have on the phone right now, Im not a fan of the wheels/forks AT ALL and I plan on powdercoating the wheels (unless someone here wants them and would rather trade me your black ones)
MacAttack is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
 
mods i'm interested in doing..

-pinebox taillight
-led passenger peg turn signals
-full exhaust
-torque-geared sprockets -1/+5???
-speedo healer
-power commander
-new grips
-new bar ends (crappy carbon lookalike ones on it now)
-new frame sliders (crappy carbon lookalike ones on it now)
-puig double bubble
-gas


right now, I have a boggy engine, i'm not sure if it needs the injectors cleaned r if the valve timing is a little bit off, but there's definitely something not quite right that I'll have to get sorted out...ill get a video posted of my problem later..




am I posting on a dead forum? not sure how active it is here, haven't really explored any recent posts..
MacAttack is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Jr. Member
 
fused2explode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
 
Nice bike man. Did you have that gearing on your CBR? What do you top out at with that? I don't think I'd like those sprockets but to each his own
fused2explode is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
locknload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: rm. 187,psych ward,southern maine '07 ZX14R, '95 ZX7
Posts: 14,628
           
Send a message via Yahoo to locknload
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
I'm coming off of a REALLY torquey 2006 CBR 600RR Tribal edition


I'm sorry, I coudn't help it.

Welcome to the zoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillits View Post
a beer-drinking, pot smoking, naked bike trashing hillbilly like you has an iPOD Touch ??--cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Soetoro View Post
"Blah blah my bike is faster than yours around a technical track". Yawn. Well I on my feet can beat your small bike in a race of 100 laps around my couch
locknload is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Startbully
 
Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Whitewater, WI
Posts: 31,002
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
What's going on guys? I just picked up an 07 ZX6r with 19k miles yesterday..here are a couple of pictures, it was pretty stock, has a crappy skull windscreen on it, and didn't have the mirrors on it (I put them back on) This is my 5th sport bike, 8th bike overall and im pretty happy with it even though I haven't gotten to ride it yet..It's been rainy and it has the wires exposed in the rear tire.

It has adjustable lowering links and was lowered all the way when I got it, I raised it back up to stock height last night, and sprayed the blinkers and 3rd eye with some tint spray which actually turned out really good...I guess this is probably a little long of an introduction, but any tips on mods and your forum etiquette would be greatly appreciated! I'm ready to get this thing out on the road and feel her up to see if I'm going to keep her...If so, I have some pretty nice plans to change up the performance, I'm coming off of a REALLY torquey 2006 CBR 600RR Tribal edition that I miss DEARLY, selling was a mistake, I really miss that low end torque..
We have no etiquette. Develop thick skin and you'll be fine here.

Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVintage87 View Post
But cat balls are adorable, have you seen them?! They are like fluffy pompoms right under their butthole.
Green is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Intermediate Member
 
av8r-92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ (I know...)
Posts: 1,655
           
Looks like mine--red forks and wheels with those shitty SE stickers removed. However, I love the red.

As for the boggy engine, is it throwing an FI code? Mine us to bog and I wasn't getting maximum power because of the exhaust butterfly valve being stuck closed (my exhaust servo got screwed up and I couldn't attach the valve's cables). I locked it open and it's running great. You could also try some Sea Foam in the fuel and see if that does anything.

-Will

av8r-92 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by locknload View Post


I'm sorry, I coudn't help it.

Welcome to the zoo.
sorry for replying to each one individually, ill learn how to mass reply sooon enough? haha....but that CBR was the absolute BEST bike I've ever had...



and to the guy who asked about my cbrs gears, it was -1/+3 and topped out at around 150
MacAttack is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8r-92 View Post
Looks like mine--red forks and wheels with those shitty SE stickers removed. However, I love the red.

As for the boggy engine, is it throwing an FI code? Mine us to bog and I wasn't getting maximum power because of the exhaust butterfly valve being stuck closed (my exhaust servo got screwed up and I couldn't attach the valve's cables). I locked it open and it's running great. You could also try some Sea Foam in the fuel and see if that does anything.

-Will

I have some seafoam in the gas tank right now, it seemed to straighten it out yesterday a little bit when I was letting it run...hopefully I'll get it figured out
MacAttack is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
locknload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: rm. 187,psych ward,southern maine '07 ZX14R, '95 ZX7
Posts: 14,628
           
Send a message via Yahoo to locknload
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
sorry for replying to each one individually.
Just click on the icon next to the quote button on the bottom right of each post and then scroll to the end and hit "post reply".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillits View Post
a beer-drinking, pot smoking, naked bike trashing hillbilly like you has an iPOD Touch ??--cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Soetoro View Post
"Blah blah my bike is faster than yours around a technical track". Yawn. Well I on my feet can beat your small bike in a race of 100 laps around my couch

Last edited by locknload; 12-13-2012 at 01:53 PM.
locknload is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fused2explode View Post
Nice bike man. Did you have that gearing on your CBR? What do you top out at with that? I don't think I'd like those sprockets but to each his own
also, -1/+5 is a stunting setup, it makes it easier to get the front tire off the ground at low speeds...I have no need to do 150+ mph anymore...I've got my fix on high speed...
MacAttack is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome