That's taller gearing than I have ever heard anyone run on a race bike. There is no way your bike makes enough power to actually pull that or be any faster anywhere.
I wouldn't run that gearing even for highway cruising. It's far too tall. That's geared for abour 160 mph in top, which the motor will never pull. You probably get your highest top speed in 4th with that gearing.
Okay so Iím jumping in a bit late on this post so forgive me if I just restate what you guys have already discussed.
I drag race a 2006 EX650r and have been constantly tinkering with it over the years. The quickest 1/4 mile time slip I seem to be able to find for it is 11.710 @ 112.31mph in Kearney Nebraska from 2009. The most complex part of my setup from back then was the extended swingarm. Stock gearing on the EX is 15/46 and I was running 13/49- the bike already has a lot of torque and with that gearing it just got amplified so I extended it to keep it from doing wheelies all the time. I also launch the thing between 8500 and 9500rpm which doesnít help the wheelies but it will routinely cut 1.6ís in the 60ft. I also put clip on handle bars on the bike because it moved my body over the tank a bit more which helped keep a bit more weight towards the front end during the launch.
I was never able to afford an exhaust for the bike but had come across a stock muffler from a 2006 Yamaha R6 that I made work. It didnít add any power, if anything I think I lost some power by using it but it was titanium and only weighed about 3 lbs- which made it worth it. The key to quick acceleration (i.e. 1/4 mile racing) is more power and/or less weight. I saw the bit earlier in this thread about the knifed crank, brilliant, I have been wanting to get that done for years- also look into knifed connecting rods (falicon makes some for the EX). I did polish my crank and rods, enough to make them smooth and shiny but without taking off hardly any material.
The single modification that gained the most power (just over 7 tenths of a second in the 1/4 mile) was decking and doing a light port & polish job on the cylinder head. I shaved about 0.012Ē off the bottom of the head to up the compression- back then nobody was making high-comp pistons for the bike. On the ports I ran a dremel tool to shape the ports a bit, got rid of the seams and bumps then took progressively finer grits of sandpaper to smooth them out to a mirror like finish. From start to finish took about 12 hours. Other than that she was pretty much still stock. Here is a picture of the bike on the day it ran the 11.71
The EX650 Dragbike Kiryava "it ain't fast, but it's slow!"