Rear Fender Eliminator for 2012 EX650? - KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
taotaomona77@yahoo.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Posts: 85
       
Rear Fender Eliminator for 2012 EX650?

Has anyone found a brand that is made specifically for the 2012 Ninja EX650, or one that can fit. I am also looking to see if anyone has done a "home project" rear fender eliminator that would cost significantly cheaper. I've seen some forums online talking about it, but something that keeps it street legal... thanks
taotaomona77@yahoo.com is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Member
 
636karl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangkok Thailand. Born and raised in Southampton, Hampshire, England.
Posts: 572
          
Quote:
Originally Posted by taotaomona77@yahoo.com View Post
Has anyone found a brand that is made specifically for the 2012 Ninja EX650, or one that can fit. I am also looking to see if anyone has done a "home project" rear fender eliminator that would cost significantly cheaper. I've seen some forums online talking about it, but something that keeps it street legal... thanks
Well mine is road legal in Thailand....
And cost me around 2 cents (4 screws)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0304.jpg
Views:	3534
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	46752   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0307.jpg
Views:	1143
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	46753  
636karl is offline  
post #3 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Member
 
636karl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangkok Thailand. Born and raised in Southampton, Hampshire, England.
Posts: 572
          
I've always made my own tail-tidies, just a couple of 'L' shaped brackets from a local DIY store will secure the number plate and the same can be said for the indicators. Total cost no more than $2 but i am a tight ass
636karl is offline  
post #4 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Jr. Member
 
NinjaNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cochran, Georgia
Posts: 184
       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja650r2009 View Post
lazy fucker- google or use the search tool
Uncalled for
NinjaNinja is offline  
post #5 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Jr. Member
 
NinjaNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cochran, Georgia
Posts: 184
       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636karl View Post
I've always made my own tail-tidies, just a couple of 'L' shaped brackets from a local DIY store will secure the number plate and the same can be said for the indicators. Total cost no more than $2 but i am a tight ass
His turned out great. I might end up doing that to my '12
NinjaNinja is offline  
post #6 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Member
 
636karl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangkok Thailand. Born and raised in Southampton, Hampshire, England.
Posts: 572
          
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNinja View Post
His turned out great. I might end up doing that to my '12
Cheers, i do hope to rid the bike of it's stock indicators as soon as i have time to make integrated turn signals into my rear brake light cluster
636karl is offline  
post #7 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Jr. Member
 
NinjaNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cochran, Georgia
Posts: 184
       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636karl View Post
Cheers, i do hope to rid the bike of it's stock indicators as soon as i have time to make integrated turn signals into my rear brake light cluster
Now THAT, would look great!
NinjaNinja is offline  
post #8 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
TonyBKK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Big Mango, Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 1,664
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja650r2009 View Post
lazy fucker- google or use the search tool
What's your problem dude? He's asking about the new 2012 model and there are only a handful of people on this forum who own the new bike.

To answer the OP's question, Motoplay has a pretty trick looking tail tidy for the 2012 EX650:









Ride On!

Tony

2006 GSXR 1000 aka "The BEAST"
2009 Kawasaki ER6n "RR"

2010 Lime Green Ninja 650R!- SOLD :-(
2011 Versys has arrived!
20xx KLX Bill Blue 351 ^_^v
TonyBKK is offline  
post #9 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Member
 
636karl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangkok Thailand. Born and raised in Southampton, Hampshire, England.
Posts: 572
          
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBKK View Post
What's your problem dude? He's asking about the new 2012 model and there are only a handful of people on this forum who own the new bike.

To answer the OP's question, Motoplay has a pretty trick looking tail tidy for the 2012 EX650:









Ride On!

Tony
I agree, it's a tasty bit of kit but more than 100 times the cost of my tail tidy
636karl is offline  
post #10 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Jr. Member
 
Bigredbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Plymouth, UK
Posts: 112
 
Its very nice, but having been on their website, I can't make head nor tail of it as its all in Thai! How much are those MK1 2011 tail tidies and the Rad guard please?
Bigredbus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome