I had the same thing happen to me. I have a new 650, 850 miles on it. Stuck in a construction area and the overheating light came on. Stopped and let the bike sit for about 30 minutes. Then rode it home. At home I checked the coolant, level was ok, then checked the fuses and the fan fuse was blown. Replaced the fuse and rode it slow thought the neighborhood for about 10 minutes and the overheating light came back on. Fan did not run and the fuse is not blown. Going to take the bike back to the dealer tomorrow after I just picked it back up last week to get the oil changed.