2013 Ninja 650 MODS! Fender eliminator, frame sliders, windscreen and more! - Page 2 : KawiForums.com Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki motorcycle forums
» Sponsors





» Insurance
Go Back   KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums > On-Road > Ninja 650R, ER6
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jr. Member
 
SALTxTHExWOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 60
SALTxTHExWOUND has at least 10 rep points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetic View Post
that looks great man, awesome job. i have some reflective rim tape on the way, as well as an R&G tail tidy (did a DIY version for now, but glad a more 'official' version is on the way). i was considering getting a zero gravity tinted windscreen. i know its pretty self-explanatory, but can you elaborate a bit on the plastidip wind screen? is it just bought in a can? applied to the inside, and peels off pretty effortlessly i hear? any insight on that would be appreciative.

i also plan on getting frame sliders very soon.

very nice choices on the bike.
Thanks! the thing about the tail tidy that's most frustrating is putting your stock turn signals into those brackets... Trust me you'll know how much of a pain it is soon. but worth it for sure.

I was going to buy a tinted windscreen too but figured I'd give plasti dip a try first and I'm glad I did, It comes in a spray can. I just taped off the entire outside part thats seen from the front of the bike really good with painters tape and newspapers, then I just cleaned the inside with denatured alcohol and sprayed about 5 light coats on the INSIDE of the screen only. once I got 5 coats on it I tore out a hole in the front of the screen through the newspaper and held it up to the sun to make sure you couldn't see through it at all, it was dark as night and had a shiny gloss finish! I was so stoked on the way it turned out, I assume regular black paint would give you the same outcome but the only good thing about plasti dip is if you eff it up you can literally peel it right off. My dad has a honda shadow and loved how my screen turned out so much that now he's coating his whole entire bike with plasti dip! stuff is amazing and cheap!
__________________

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 - Yoshimura fender eliminator, Yoshimura frame sliders, Pit bull swing arm spools
SALTxTHExWOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jr. Member
 
aesthetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 108
aesthetic has at least 10 rep points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALTxTHExWOUND View Post
Thanks! the thing about the tail tidy that's most frustrating is putting your stock turn signals into those brackets... Trust me you'll know how much of a pain it is soon. but worth it for sure.

I was going to buy a tinted windscreen too but figured I'd give plasti dip a try first and I'm glad I did, It comes in a spray can. I just taped off the entire outside part thats seen from the front of the bike really good with painters tape and newspapers, then I just cleaned the inside with denatured alcohol and sprayed about 5 light coats on the INSIDE of the screen only. once I got 5 coats on it I tore out a hole in the front of the screen through the newspaper and held it up to the sun to make sure you couldn't see through it at all, it was dark as night and had a shiny gloss finish! I was so stoked on the way it turned out, I assume regular black paint would give you the same outcome but the only good thing about plasti dip is if you eff it up you can literally peel it right off. My dad has a honda shadow and loved how my screen turned out so much that now he's coating his whole entire bike with plasti dip! stuff is amazing and cheap!
yeah im sure ill find out in a few weeks, with the brackets. do the signals just pop into that bracket and thats it? or are there screws you use?

and wow thats awesome about the plastidip! it seems almost too good to be true that you can coat a bike or anything else in it. i might consider trying it, but i also like the idea of still being able to see through the windshield also. guess it wouldnt hurt to try, for the price.
aesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Jr. Member
 
SALTxTHExWOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 60
SALTxTHExWOUND has at least 10 rep points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetic View Post
yeah im sure ill find out in a few weeks, with the brackets. do the signals just pop into that bracket and thats it? or are there screws you use?

and wow thats awesome about the plastidip! it seems almost too good to be true that you can coat a bike or anything else in it. i might consider trying it, but i also like the idea of still being able to see through the windshield also. guess it wouldnt hurt to try, for the price.
Yeah the stock signals will pop into the new brackets but it is a pain in the @$$! it took me literally almost 20 minutes a piece to get them back in the brackets, if you had 4 arms it would be a lot easier lol

yeah the plasti dip is pretty sweet, I'll only do my windscreen since I love the color of my bike. I would definetly give it a try before throwing $90+ Into a tinted screen, worst case is you don't like it and just peel it off and get the tinted screen, that was my mindset going in lol. And I've tucked with the screen now and I can still see over the screen, I don't think you even really need to tuck on these bikes unless you're trying to gun it on stay out of the cold wind.
__________________

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 - Yoshimura fender eliminator, Yoshimura frame sliders, Pit bull swing arm spools
SALTxTHExWOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jr. Member
 
aesthetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 108
aesthetic has at least 10 rep points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALTxTHExWOUND View Post
Yeah the stock signals will pop into the new brackets but it is a pain in the @$$! it took me literally almost 20 minutes a piece to get them back in the brackets, if you had 4 arms it would be a lot easier lol

yeah the plasti dip is pretty sweet, I'll only do my windscreen since I love the color of my bike. I would definetly give it a try before throwing $90+ Into a tinted screen, worst case is you don't like it and just peel it off and get the tinted screen, that was my mindset going in lol. And I've tucked with the screen now and I can still see over the screen, I don't think you even really need to tuck on these bikes unless you're trying to gun it on stay out of the cold wind.
haha yeah ive read about the blinker issue, cant wait! ill have my wife help me but we might end up frustrated at each other lol. as for the plasti dip, i think im gonna give it a shot. like you said, worst case i just peel it off and go with the aftermarket screen. also, i agree on the tucking thing. ive only done it a few times to get out of the wind and your eyes are still over the windscreen. ill keep ya updated, my rim tape just came in today.
aesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Jr. Member
 
SALTxTHExWOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 60
SALTxTHExWOUND has at least 10 rep points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetic View Post
haha yeah ive read about the blinker issue, cant wait! ill have my wife help me but we might end up frustrated at each other lol. as for the plasti dip, i think im gonna give it a shot. like you said, worst case i just peel it off and go with the aftermarket screen. also, i agree on the tucking thing. ive only done it a few times to get out of the wind and your eyes are still over the windscreen. ill keep ya updated, my rim tape just came in today.
Sweet, let me know how it turned out and good luck on your windscreen. Like I said it's about the easiest thing you can do to the bike and the cheapest. And if you have a youtube hit me up on there as well.

youtube.com/saltxthexwound
__________________

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 - Yoshimura fender eliminator, Yoshimura frame sliders, Pit bull swing arm spools
SALTxTHExWOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Jr. Member
 
aesthetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 108
aesthetic has at least 10 rep points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALTxTHExWOUND View Post
Sweet, let me know how it turned out and good luck on your windscreen. Like I said it's about the easiest thing you can do to the bike and the cheapest. And if you have a youtube hit me up on there as well.

youtube.com/saltxthexwound
sounds good. on your rim tape, did you do it on the ground or did you put the bike on a jack stand? thx for all the answers, btw.
aesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Jr. Member
 
SALTxTHExWOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 60
SALTxTHExWOUND has at least 10 rep points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetic View Post
sounds good. on your rim tape, did you do it on the ground or did you put the bike on a jack stand? thx for all the answers, btw.
I have a stand but it wasn't with me bc I did it at my dads house so I just did it on the ground, just took my time and it turned out great.
__________________

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 - Yoshimura fender eliminator, Yoshimura frame sliders, Pit bull swing arm spools
SALTxTHExWOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Jr. Member
 
aesthetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 108
aesthetic has at least 10 rep points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALTxTHExWOUND View Post
I have a stand but it wasn't with me bc I did it at my dads house so I just did it on the ground, just took my time and it turned out great.
awesome. i dont have a stand at the moment, but i really wanted to do this sooner than later and figured it wouldnt be too hard to figure out. thanks again.
aesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Core Member
 
goingtoscotland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: On an intergalactic cruise, in my office
Posts: 28,574
goingtoscotland has at least 80,000 rep pointsgoingtoscotland has at least 80,000 rep pointsgoingtoscotland has at least 80,000 rep pointsgoingtoscotland has at least 80,000 rep pointsgoingtoscotland has at least 80,000 rep pointsgoingtoscotland has at least 80,000 rep pointsgoingtoscotland has at least 80,000 rep pointsgoingtoscotland has at least 80,000 rep pointsgoingtoscotland has at least 80,000 rep pointsgoingtoscotland has at least 80,000 rep pointsgoingtoscotland has at least 80,000 rep points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom400 View Post
all those upgrades and no exhaust ? also squid will be squiding on your avatar pick
No point in an exhaust on the 650 unless you just want a different sound.
__________________
2005 ZX-10R Street and Track Whore

goingtoscotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium
 
venom400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Miami
Posts: 3,826
venom400 has between 10,000 and 20,000 rep pointsvenom400 has between 10,000 and 20,000 rep pointsvenom400 has between 10,000 and 20,000 rep pointsvenom400 has between 10,000 and 20,000 rep pointsvenom400 has between 10,000 and 20,000 rep pointsvenom400 has between 10,000 and 20,000 rep pointsvenom400 has between 10,000 and 20,000 rep pointsvenom400 has between 10,000 and 20,000 rep pointsvenom400 has between 10,000 and 20,000 rep pointsvenom400 has between 10,000 and 20,000 rep pointsvenom400 has between 10,000 and 20,000 rep points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingtoscotland View Post
No point in an exhaust on the 650 unless you just want a different sound.
Really ? there is a 7 hp increase at 10k rpm , that is pretty substincial so I was considering it.

As far as the sound , yeah ,I am tired of the bike sounding like a lawn mower so a little deeper sound would not hurt , I have yet to see anyone on the street with an exhaust on this bike so I have not been able to tell how it sounds in person.
__________________
"And the world will be better for this;That one man scorned and covered with scars;Still strove with his last ounce of courage;To reach the unreachable star."
venom400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum