2013 Ninja 650 MODS! Fender eliminator, frame sliders, windscreen and more! - Page 6 - KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
SALTxTHExWOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 61
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
The R&G nocuts at ninja650shop.com are $153. Dont be like me and wait til you drop the bike before getting them! I wish I had the foresight to install them BEFORE I dropped mine, but hey, better late than never, I guess!!
Exactly my thought process! Why buy ANOTHER helmet when you already have one and if you drop the bike even in a parking lot those fairings are gonna cost a lot more than a new helmet. It's better to be prepared for the worst in my mind.

and I don't really see the point in going cheap on frame sliders when you're paying well over $7,000 for a brand new ninja 650. I mean If I had bought a used cheap bike I wouldn't put frame sliders on it but I'm not made of money and that much money for a bike to me is a big deal. I try to take care of my stuff and make sure it's going to last and not look like crap.


2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 - Yoshimura fender eliminator, Yoshimura frame sliders, Pit bull swing arm spools
SALTxTHExWOUND is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Intermediate Member
 
Bboytaktix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 1,242
           
^That's a fine point and I agree, but since my bike is stored for the next 4-5 months, I'm not worried about frame sliders. I'll buy em in the spring. Rather new, proper gear first (at least good pants and jacket) because my personal safety is top priority.
Bboytaktix is offline  
post #53 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Core Member
 
goingtoscotland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: On an intergalactic cruise, in my office
Posts: 28,589
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanz View Post
I have one w a full two bros exhaust, easy install works great on my 2012.
Paid 195 shipped for juice box pro from biohazard cycles . Exhaust was 509 shipped. As far as people saying these products suck well that's entirely a matter of opinion, buy what works for u and or what U enjoy. Who cares otherwise


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Actually it's a matter of their quality. Two Brothers quality is sub par. Their shit has a tendency to fall apart. I want to say Two Brothers also suggests repacking the exhaust every 3,000 miles, which is ridiculous.

But if you want your bike potentially catching fire or your exhaust falling apart, then yeah Two Brothers are awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
The other main nocut sliders for the 2012/13s are the R&G ones, and theyre similarly priced. The fact that they are no cuts for these model years means theyll have limited sales on them, and they required a special design... so yea, theyre a little more than cut sliders. However theyre much less expensive than the no cuts for the gen II model year ninjas, which are $100 more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboytaktix View Post
...yeah I'll be waiting a little while before throwing down $180.00 for frame sliders lol. First I want to get a better helmet, jacket and get some good pants for riding, then retrofits, then I'll look into these lol. I won't be riding this winter anyways so I got time to save up haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
The R&G nocuts at ninja650shop.com are $153. Dont be like me and wait til you drop the bike before getting them! I wish I had the foresight to install them BEFORE I dropped mine, but hey, better late than never, I guess!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALTxTHExWOUND View Post
Exactly my thought process! Why buy ANOTHER helmet when you already have one and if you drop the bike even in a parking lot those fairings are gonna cost a lot more than a new helmet. It's better to be prepared for the worst in my mind.

and I don't really see the point in going cheap on frame sliders when you're paying well over $7,000 for a brand new ninja 650. I mean If I had bought a used cheap bike I wouldn't put frame sliders on it but I'm not made of money and that much money for a bike to me is a big deal. I try to take care of my stuff and make sure it's going to last and not look like crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboytaktix View Post
^That's a fine point and I agree, but since my bike is stored for the next 4-5 months, I'm not worried about frame sliders. I'll buy em in the spring. Rather new, proper gear first (at least good pants and jacket) because my personal safety is top priority.
Don't get no cut sliders. Just do yourself a favor and cut the hole in the fairing. No cut frame sliders don't even provide half the protection of the cut sliders

2005 ZX-10R Street and Track Whore

goingtoscotland is offline  
post #54 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: VA, USA
Posts: 323
        
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALTxTHExWOUND View Post
Hey everyone I'll be making a walk around video of all my mods I've done to my new 650! Hope this helps anybody thinking about doing any mods themselves.

.... looks cool.
VA_Glocker is offline  
post #55 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
SALTxTHExWOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 61
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_Glocker View Post
.... looks cool.


2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 - Yoshimura fender eliminator, Yoshimura frame sliders, Pit bull swing arm spools
SALTxTHExWOUND is offline  
post #56 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Jr. Member
 
Caz no 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7
 
Mine is the girl version

Funny how they have different versions from one country to the next.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ninja Nov2.jpg
Views:	10925
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	52143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ninja Nov.jpg
Views:	27567
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	52144  
Caz no 2 is offline  
post #57 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
SALTxTHExWOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 61
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz no 2 View Post
Mine is the girl version

Funny how they have different versions from one country to the next.
Nice! haha, and I'm jelous of your grab rails! We don't get those in the US


2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 - Yoshimura fender eliminator, Yoshimura frame sliders, Pit bull swing arm spools
SALTxTHExWOUND is offline  
post #58 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 03:13 AM
Jr. Member
 
Caz no 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7
 
That was the first thing I noticed, and I used them as tie points for the seat bag as I don't seem to have them on the fender like yours does even though it states it in the manual.
Caz no 2 is offline  
post #59 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Jr. Member
 
aesthetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 108
 
should be getting my R&G tail tidy on monday.. they were back ordered awhile
aesthetic is offline  
post #60 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
SALTxTHExWOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 61
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetic View Post
should be getting my R&G tail tidy on monday.. they were back ordered awhile
Sweet! Post pics when you get it on, I haven't seen any pics from anyone on the r&g yet


2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 - Yoshimura fender eliminator, Yoshimura frame sliders, Pit bull swing arm spools
SALTxTHExWOUND is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome