1. Will Rossi stay with Yamaha? There seems to be a new golden boy in the garage in the form of Lorenzo, is there enough room for 2 #1 riders. That, combined with the whole differenent tire manufacturers could begin to be a strain for Yamaha.
Yah there are rumours that he will get choked out sponsorship wise because of Telefonica. But regardless, the past two races show him in top form. It's prolly too early to tell what will happen. But as of now Rossi IS MotoGP, whether he wins or not...people WANT to see him
2. When and where will Ben Spies move to MotoGP. He's said he definetely wants to make the move, and I think he is as ready as he will ever be. It appeared to be a done deal that he would be coming to Suzuki in 09 for a factory ride, but I've also read about trouble with the sponsor wanting a spanish rider instead of the american.
I'm real curious to see how he does at Laguna and Indy MotoGP's.
3. Will Hayden leave Honda? This has been rumored for years. The HRC spot is widely coveted, and Hayden has had his critics since day one. Despite winning Honda it's most recent championship, it's widely known that he still isn't their number one rider. And with Dovisioso looking impressive so far, it seems very plausible for HRC to look to another young gun from the 250 school.
I like Dovi...hope he continues to do well
4. Who will replace Ant West at Kawi? Of course it hasn't been determined that West will be released, but I can't imagine them putting up with the poor performances he has had so far this year much longer. Kawi has been throwig a ton of resources into their program to become competitive. I suspect they will go after another big name to compliment Hopkins. So who will it be? Marco? Hayden? Spies? Rossi? Sounds crazy, but they are all possible candidates.
Marco seems like a likely reality. I like Vermulean...but dunno if he is available.
5. Will Edwards leave GP? Before the season started, it was reported that this would be his last year in GP, witha move to AMA likely. But it appears he has gotten some renewed motivation recently. He is saying he wants to stay, and with his performance so far this season, I'd imagine he would be able to find a ride, even if the Tech team wanted to release him.
I think Tech Trois will bend over backwards for him if he continues this trek. One thing about him though is that he does make simple mistakes during races that cost him placement. If he can stay focused he could def place 3rd or 4th this year in the championship
You just reminded me about an article about the 250. Lemme go post it