I love to haggle. I buy cars and bikes for friends and usually get a job offer b/c I'm good at it.
Here's some pointers:
1) do your homework. whether it's new or used, find out the invoice vs. retail price. trade in price vs. private party, so you know how much room you have to beat them down.
2) have a good attitude, smile don't get emotional. always pleasant.
3) pit local dealers of the same brand against each other, don't have to name names, but do say another dealer offered me.... and let the current dealer counter offer.
4) always be ready to walk away. if you don't like the sales person or you don't like the price. walk away, leave. always can buy it tomorrow.
5) motorcycle dealers have 2 incentive periods, 1-15 of the month and 16-30, shop at the end of these periods, b/c the sales peeps get a bonus and so does the store if they meet their quota.
6) after you hit the rock bottom price for the bike, the dealer will thru in discount on OEM parts or service, like adding grip warmers, or the first oil change for free or at a discount.
PM me when you are close, I can help you. go kick some ass.