venom? - Page 3 - KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Member
 
04RDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fairfield, OH
Posts: 912
           
Where ever venom went, he seems to have picked up a sense of humor.

Sent from outerspace with the motorcycle.com app for space shuttle.
04RDA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Intermediate Member
 
av8r-92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ (I know...)
Posts: 1,655
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom400 View Post
What if you manage to get out of range before they hit the EMP-equipped strobe lights ?

edit: the other night I saw a cop turn on his strobe lights next to me as I was parking,and my bike turned off , well I don't know if it was him or the kickstand while being on gear but I think the bike did turn off 2 seconds sooner than normal which is weird..
I doubt it's actually an EMP..












I'd put my money on a Reptilian Death-Ray or a FEMA black helicopter.

-Will

av8r-92 is offline  
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Official n00b
 
ZX6R>CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 7,513
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom400 View Post
To get away from the cops why else !
Ohhhh...... idk about Florida laws but here in PA once a bike hits 100mph the cops have to call it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prs View Post
So WTF did your ass do today?
“Well, I was out until 0330 and I came home and ate a DD, then I beat off and passed out with splooge all over me. Then I got up at 1100 and started drinking beer.”
ZX6R>CBR is online now  
post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Official n00b
 
ZX6R>CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 7,513
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom400 View Post
What if you manage to get out of range before they hit the EMP-equipped strobe lights ?

edit: the other night I saw a cop turn on his strobe lights next to me as I was parking,and my bike turned off , well I don't know if it was him or the kickstand while being on gear but I think the bike did turn off 2 seconds sooner than normal which is weird..
Gotta watch out for those EMPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prs View Post
So WTF did your ass do today?
“Well, I was out until 0330 and I came home and ate a DD, then I beat off and passed out with splooge all over me. Then I got up at 1100 and started drinking beer.”
ZX6R>CBR is online now  
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Intermediate Member
 
Bboytaktix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 1,246
           
dude, don't worry about EMP's, I've got a lead cover for my bike, it's protected from all that cop technology. Who's laughing now.
Bboytaktix is offline  
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
locknload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: rm. 187,psych ward,southern maine '07 ZX14R, '95 ZX7
Posts: 14,688
           
Send a message via Yahoo to locknload
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom400 View Post

Edit: do you guys think that if get an exhaust and a juice box the 650 would break the 130 mph wall ?
No. You would have to kick it out of the back of a plane at 10k feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillits View Post
a beer-drinking, pot smoking, naked bike trashing hillbilly like you has an iPOD Touch ??--cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Soetoro View Post
"Blah blah my bike is faster than yours around a technical track". Yawn. Well I on my feet can beat your small bike in a race of 100 laps around my couch
locknload is offline  
post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
venom400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Miami
Posts: 3,828
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by locknload View Post
No. You would have to kick it out of the back of a plane at 10k feet.
Actually I think at 10k feet the Maximum speed a free falling object can achieve is about 130 mph or so because of wind resistance.

Can someone prove me wrong and jump off a plane with a radar gun ?

"And the world will be better for this;That one man scorned and covered with scars;Still strove with his last ounce of courage;To reach the unreachable star."
venom400 is offline  
post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Intermediate Member
 
Bboytaktix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 1,246
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom400 View Post
Actually I think at 10k feet the Maximum speed a free falling object can achieve is about 130 mph or so because of wind resistance.

Can someone prove me wrong and jump off a plane with a radar gun ?
I think you are so wrong
Bboytaktix is offline  
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
venom400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Miami
Posts: 3,828
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboytaktix View Post
I think you are so wrong
From Wikipedia


"Near the surface of the Earth, an object in free fall in a vacuum will accelerate at approximately 9.8 m/s˛, independent of its mass. With air resistance acting upon an object that has been dropped, the object will eventually reach a terminal velocity, around 56 m/s (200 km/h or 120 mph) for a human body. Terminal velocity depends on many factors including mass, drag coefficient, and relative surface area and will only be achieved if the fall is from sufficient altitude. A typical skydiver in a spread-eagle position will reach terminal velocity after about 12 seconds, during which time they will have fallen around 450 m (approx 1,500 ft).[1]"

a motorcycle should be able to achieve a slightly higher speed but not much unless launched high on the sky were there are much air mass

"And the world will be better for this;That one man scorned and covered with scars;Still strove with his last ounce of courage;To reach the unreachable star."
venom400 is offline  
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Intermediate Member
 
Bboytaktix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 1,246
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom400 View Post
From Wikipedia


"Near the surface of the Earth, an object in free fall in a vacuum will accelerate at approximately 9.8 m/s˛, independent of its mass. With air resistance acting upon an object that has been dropped, the object will eventually reach a terminal velocity, around 56 m/s (200 km/h or 120 mph) for a human body. Terminal velocity depends on many factors including mass, drag coefficient, and relative surface area and will only be achieved if the fall is from sufficient altitude. A typical skydiver in a spread-eagle position will reach terminal velocity after about 12 seconds, during which time they will have fallen around 450 m (approx 1,500 ft).[1]"

a motorcycle should be able to achieve a slightly higher speed but not much unless launched high on the sky were there are much air mass
OMG! WIKIPEDIA, YOU MUST BE SO SCIENTIFICALLY AWARE....

I'm an engineer dude. I understand what terminal velocity is, hell I did that shit BEFORE I started my engineering degree.

I say you throw your bike off a plane at that height and measure the speed that it hits the ground at. Better yet, do it with multiple bikes in various weather conditions. Then maybe you will learn something.

No disrespect, just hating for a little while.

PS you say the funniest things when you try to talk science. In several threads.
Bboytaktix is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome