ECU for 2011 zx10R - KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
mdc160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: new york, New York, United States.
Posts: 385
   
Send a message via AIM to mdc160 Send a message via Yahoo to mdc160
ECU for 2011 zx10R

I been reading up on the bike and it is being said and even when i spoke to a Kawasaki person this wkend at the bike show that the bike with the race ECU will make an extra 20 hp. The European version doesnt have the restriction on the bike as the US ones. Anyone know the facts? Just wondering.
mdc160 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Core Member
 
goingtoscotland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: On an intergalactic cruise, in my office
Posts: 28,589
           
with a kit ecu you have the ability to not only alter a/f but also timing and operation of the exhaust valve.

20hp without a full system to go with the kit ECU is a bit optimistic

2005 ZX-10R Street and Track Whore

goingtoscotland is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
mdc160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: new york, New York, United States.
Posts: 385
   
Send a message via AIM to mdc160 Send a message via Yahoo to mdc160
I agree that 20 hp is a big gain without some other mods. So how much does the race ECU add to the package is my question. I hear different things from everyone I speak with and also from what I read.
mdc160 is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Jr. Member
 
750steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Ireland, UK
Posts: 114
  
The exhaust (CAT) is very restrictive, on UK bikes with the KIT ECU & full system 15bhp is pretty much expected
750steve is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tucson, Az.
Posts: 226
      
The big restrictions in the 2011 are the secondary butterflies which actually start to close some in the upper RPMS, the ignition curve, and the boom box aft section of the exhaust. There has been some good research post on the net about this already. It also looks like a place called Guhl can reflash the ECU to remove these restrictions.

ESP tuned PCIII, Flies out, BMC Filter, Velocity stacks, Full Arrow System, HyperPro Dampner, Pazzo Black/Gold Shorties, Zero Gravity DB, Pilot Power 2CT's, ZX14 Calipers, Galfer SBK SS Brake lines, DDM HID 6K lights, Clear Alternatives flush turn signals, Comp Werks Fender Eliminator
Quick10 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
mdc160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: new york, New York, United States.
Posts: 385
   
Send a message via AIM to mdc160 Send a message via Yahoo to mdc160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick10 View Post
The big restrictions in the 2011 are the secondary butterflies which actually start to close some in the upper RPMS, the ignition curve, and the boom box aft section of the exhaust. There has been some good research post on the net about this already. It also looks like a place called Guhl can reflash the ECU to remove these restrictions.
Do you have a link that you could post for other members for this company who does the flash on the ECU? Thx
mdc160 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tucson, Az.
Posts: 226
      
Guhl Motors Home You will probably need to contact them to discuss what you want done.

ESP tuned PCIII, Flies out, BMC Filter, Velocity stacks, Full Arrow System, HyperPro Dampner, Pazzo Black/Gold Shorties, Zero Gravity DB, Pilot Power 2CT's, ZX14 Calipers, Galfer SBK SS Brake lines, DDM HID 6K lights, Clear Alternatives flush turn signals, Comp Werks Fender Eliminator

Last edited by Quick10; 02-09-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Quick10 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Jr. Member
 
Rich22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 15
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 750steve View Post
The exhaust (CAT) is very restrictive, on UK bikes with the KIT ECU & full system 15bhp is pretty much expected
True but a full system is not necessary, the stock headers are titanium and very good, with just the slip-on you can get 12+bhp. Below is a graph we just did, we only spent 1 hour so far and got to this with our GP2 slip-on and Bazzaz fuelling.
Rich22 is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdc160 View Post
Do you have a link that you could post for other members for this company who does the flash on the ECU? Thx
In fact it is our company, Dynotronics,inc, that does the reflash on the 2011 zxc10r . Along with all the earlier models.

We currently have complete control over all values in the factory ecu for the 2011 model.

We also offer a race conversion that allows you to adjust the parameters of the factory box yourself. This is much like the factory version of the race ecu, however we do not need to replace any of the harness, and the unit comes with the reflashed tune as a base for your adjustments.

On the reflash we offer;

remove retards in lower gears
remove throttle restrictions in the top two gears( factory ecu closes the secondary plates as the revs rise)
remove the decel fuel cuts
re tune the fuel and advance maps in ALL GEARS.
remove speed limiters
raise rev limiter.

On the race ecu you get all above plus;

pit speed limiter,
fuel cut shift adjust
trim overall fuel
trim cyl 1/4 fuel
trim cyl2/3 fuel
adjust timing overall
adjust cylinder timing
rev limiter set
ect
ect

With the race conversion you recieve the complete rework on your ecu, software, interface cable, and instructions manuals

Please let us know if we can help
dynotronics1 is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Jr. Member
 
Carnag3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 77
 
Send a message via AIM to Carnag3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynotronics1 View Post
In fact it is our company, Dynotronics,inc, that does the reflash on the 2011 zxc10r . Along with all the earlier models.

We currently have complete control over all values in the factory ecu for the 2011 model.

We also offer a race conversion that allows you to adjust the parameters of the factory box yourself. This is much like the factory version of the race ecu, however we do not need to replace any of the harness, and the unit comes with the reflashed tune as a base for your adjustments.

On the reflash we offer;

remove retards in lower gears
remove throttle restrictions in the top two gears( factory ecu closes the secondary plates as the revs rise)
remove the decel fuel cuts
re tune the fuel and advance maps in ALL GEARS.
remove speed limiters
raise rev limiter.

On the race ecu you get all above plus;

pit speed limiter,
fuel cut shift adjust
trim overall fuel
trim cyl 1/4 fuel
trim cyl2/3 fuel
adjust timing overall
adjust cylinder timing
rev limiter set
ect
ect

With the race conversion you recieve the complete rework on your ecu, software, interface cable, and instructions manuals

Please let us know if we can help
What are your prices? On Reflash and KIT ECU copy? Turn around time? I have a 2011 ZX6R.

Can you adjust any of the traction control settings like sensitivity? Got a site?


CCS #901 EX
(15 Regional Championships in 2010)
FS: 2009 ZX6R 125HP Beast
www.carnag3.com
Carnag3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome