well im really bored right now so i'll throw up some pictures from my +4 ignition advancer install this past weekend. bought it from solomotoparts.com, factory pro ignition advancer for about 55 bucks.
its a pretty brainless install, only different thing i did was the manual said you had to drain the coolant and all this bs but i just sat the reservoir on a bucket all hooked up next to the bike.
basically heres all you gotta do:
1. take off the coolant reservoir, drain it if your paranoid or just do what i did
2. take off the cover (brake side) to get to the timing rotor, you might have to bang on int a few times after the screws are out to get it to come off
3. put a box end wrench on the timing rotor and then use an allen wrench to remove the bolt. the whole rotor will begin to spin a little bit if you put too much force on the wrench but that wasnt a problem for me
4. remove the timing rotor and replace with new one, theres really only one way it goes on so you cant really mess it up. but align the slot on the backside of the rotor with the notch where the old one sat
5. reverse all the above steps and youll be good to go
i cant comment on how it improves performance yet because im still in the process of doing bodywork and i havent rode the bike since last october, but ive heard nothing but good things.
old on the left, new on the right