Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Bazazz Zfi-Awesome!

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  polkavin 
#1 ·
hi all,
santa claus brought me a Zfi and i finally got around to getting it installed. my mechanic with 37 yrs professional experience did a killer job and it functions flawlessly on the slip-on map. i also upgraded to a K&N air filter and my first impression riding home was how much louder the yoshimura slipon and air intake sound was. the bike is much smoother throughout the rpm range and gone is the 12-16,500 powerband. i guess the factory had it leaned out from 0-12,000 for emissions? anyway, i'm very happy with the results as is but may get it dynoed or install the Afm package down the road. unless someone has a map they'd like to share? HTH

#2 ·
bazzaz makes killer stuff.

but don't bother with a dyno tune. just get the afm add-on unit and have yourself an on-board dyno. :) i love mine. my bike has "gittup" that stock 750's notice. :) a perfectly tuned 600 is a beast compared to stock. that's for sure.

#3 ·
Bazzaz AFM Questions

That is great to hear Swami. I was looking into the Bazzaz unit and their accessories myself.

I have researched the AFM as well. I am extremely curious to know how those who have an AFM are setting the correct settings without having a dyno. Bazzaz has a video on YouTube that shows how to allow the system to make suggestions at each TPS and RPM value. I don't see how you know that you are covering the spectrum if you don't have a Dyno handy and have the bike connected at the same time. Is it a process where you set a default map and then go out over and over and try to catch any cells that don't have recorded values or are you just taking data that you have and then smoothing it over to make nice transitions in your fuel delivery?

#4 ·
i have one... i set my target a/f to 13.2 and ride. after each session on track, i check out the suggested changes to the map that will get me to the target a/f. if everything looks ok, i'll apply all. i ride through all rpm ranges, so that's how it tunes. it's not THAT complicated... you're overthinking it.

afm > dyno. hands down.

well, unless you LIKE spending ~$200 each time you want change/mod your bike (performance-wise).

#12 ·
Hey Agg2001, I definitely like the idea of not having to go to the local tuner for every part change that I make. How often are you making map changes? Every session sounds a little much. I would think that the maps would be pretty consistent if you keep the parts the same and visit the same tracks. I also don't think that I would be at every RPM in every gear at the tracks I ride. I barely ever hit 14K in 5th out there.

They should have a AFM rental program somewhere for guys who make a map once a year. I know I am being cheap. The price for a dyno tune in my area is $350 though otherwise I would have been there.

#5 ·
the reason i choose bazazz over pcv was because when i emailed dynojet about why their unit only controls 4 injectors they CURTLY told me that was all was necessary unless you were running a power adder like turbo or nitrous. then, they came out with an addon module so you can control all 8 injectors but then they are way out of the game money wise. i was concerned because alot of people complain about no fuel alterations below 3000rpm but that is irrelevant. the only time i see below 3G is when i'm riding through the grass to park in my garage. i did have to increase the idle from 1100 to 1300 and i may use the software on my laptop to increase fuel 5% at a time from 0-3000 but it is mostly a moot point.
i use my bike to ride to work weather permitting 20 miles each way with about half twisties (look out deer!) and half interstate and i was astonished with the 6th gear acceleration above 70mph. all you have to do is barely move the throttle and look out speed limit. HTH

#6 ·
i've got mine with a dynotune, perfect ;) your more than welcome to the map if you'd like, its a stock header w/ a m4 slip on.. my tuner was able to get 115hp & 46ft lbs

#9 ·
map sent buddy ;)

Reactions: swami
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.