Morning! - KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Captain Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 5
 
Morning!

Hello everyone as you can see I'm new to the forums... I have a 05 636 and I'm planning a 1500 road trip from NJ to ATL GA and back would like to get some tips for this trip since it's gonna be my first long distance travel
GR rider likes this.
Captain Chunk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 07:49 AM
bpe
Member
 
bpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Atlanta,GA
Posts: 377
   
Garage
Bring some basic tools, a service manual, extra quart of oil, chain lube, to name a few.

Most important DO Not arrive in Atlanta during rush hour.
Rush hour:
6:00 to 9:30AM
3:30 to 7:30PM

Lunch time can be a little sketchy also.

2006 EX500r
Purchased new in July 2006, 0 miles.
Miles as of January 2019 102,137 miles
bpe is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Captain Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpe View Post
Bring some basic tools, a service manual, extra quart of oil, chain lube, to name a few.

Most important DO Not arrive in Atlanta during rush hour.
Rush hour:
6:00 to 9:30AM
3:30 to 7:30PM

Lunch time can be a little sketchy also.
Yeah I'm very aware how Atlanta traffic is I lived there for six months... Im going there to visit family for a couple weeks but I've never drove there only ever gotten there by plane...
Captain Chunk is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 02:00 PM
bpe
Member
 
bpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Atlanta,GA
Posts: 377
   
Garage
Also be aware, riding that distance on a MC is a lot more demanding than in a car. Were you planning to go straight through, or break it up into 2 or 3 days? Personally I would want to take at least 4 days, but that may just be me. If you haven't already, you may want to ride about 250 miles in a day right around where you live, and see how that feels.

2006 EX500r
Purchased new in July 2006, 0 miles.
Miles as of January 2019 102,137 miles
bpe is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 63
 
Try to plan out your gas station stops, or at least make sure there is not some long stretch were there is no station. But NJ to ATL should be mostly highly populated interstate/turnpike stuff. Advil or pain relief, kirst aid kit, spark plug, back up battery for your cell phone, drinking water, power bar, caffiene pills, Think about weather and having a dry pair of something,

Top three awnsers on the board, 100 perple survayed:

I take a trip from Trenton to Myrtle beach every year. Leave after diner and stop in fredricksburg VA around midnight, wake up and we are there by 4pm (with two small childern).

Hit me up if your ever near the Mercer county area.

K
Kevinl7778 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 03:51 PM
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 63
 
I hear a good coating of diaper cream prior to heading out can save you a lot of .......Well......Discomfort.
Kevinl7778 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Captain Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpe View Post
Also be aware, riding that distance on a MC is a lot more demanding than in a car. Were you planning to go straight through, or break it up into 2 or 3 days? Personally I would want to take at least 4 days, but that may just be me. If you haven't already, you may want to ride about 250 miles in a day right around where you live, and see how that feels.
Plan on going straight through non stop. I will be likely staying there for a few weeks... I planned on leaving very early in the morning around 2 AM to arrive by evening
Captain Chunk is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Captain Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinl7778 View Post
Try to plan out your gas station stops, or at least make sure there is not some long stretch were there is no station. But NJ to ATL should be mostly highly populated interstate/turnpike stuff. Advil or pain relief, kirst aid kit, spark plug, back up battery for your cell phone, drinking water, power bar, caffiene pills, Think about weather and having a dry pair of something,

Top three awnsers on the board, 100 perple survayed:

I take a trip from Trenton to Myrtle beach every year. Leave after diner and stop in fredricksburg VA around midnight, wake up and we are there by 4pm (with two small childern).

Hit me up if your ever near the Mercer county area.

K
Thanks for the info it helps! Mercer county isn't too far from me at all as I live in Camden County I'm pretty much in cherry Hill.
Captain Chunk is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 07:39 PM
Jr. Member
 
kawidaily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23
   
Sounds like a fun trip! Be sure to post here again with updates once you leave. Make sure your tires are good to go depending on your riding style and what tires you're riding there.
kawidaily is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 08:27 PM
bpe
Member
 
bpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Atlanta,GA
Posts: 377
   
Garage
Thumbs up

Best of luck on your trip.

2006 EX500r
Purchased new in July 2006, 0 miles.
Miles as of January 2019 102,137 miles
bpe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
top my bike out this morning honda_cbr72160 2003-2004 ZX-6R 26 12-23-2004 05:15 AM
Sunday 8-15-04 morning ride BigSAP USA 2 08-15-2004 07:34 AM
Cold Cold Morning! DEZixxer Two Wheeled Discussion 13 09-24-2003 11:03 PM
picked up the bike this morning SeveredHandofSkywalker Two Wheeled Discussion 13 08-04-2003 10:39 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome