Big hole, Big problem. [crankcase?]
Specs: 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250r -- 7,000 miles
Overview: 1inch hole in what I believe is the crankcase. Questions about repair/parts/costs (below).
Big noob here in the kawi forum. Spend most my time over in the Cherokee XJ forums, ha.
Anyway, during the summer , I was riding with low oil, I understand how stupid that was, but I had just gotten the bike as a cheap hand-me-down and didn't figure to check the oil so quickly [i was oblivious to the clear oil gauge], as I was going down the highway I suddenly began to rapidly lose power, once pulled over my bike was basically draining what was left of the oil onto the ground.
Eventually I got it home and assessed:
- 1in. hole right below what I think is the crankcase. [see picture].
- Oil draining from that hole.
- No smoke, except for what burned off from drips.
- Would not turn-over (even immediately after powerless.)
So, yes I understand my bike is pretty f*'d, but I do have a couple questions..
1) Am I correct that this is the crankcase [in picture]?
2) How much would parts costs to replace that (if possible), would it require entire new setups? Or could I just split the crankcase and fit on a new lower part? [Id say I'm pretty mechanically inclined, so I'm sure I could figure it out if it can actually be done.]
3) If number two is just false, or overkill, how much could I expect to pay to have it replaced?
Thank you guys, any insight/thoughts would be awesome. If anything, just need a point in the right direction.
THE PICTURES BELOW ARE NOT OF MY BIKE. I PULLED IMAGES ONLINE.