Ninja 300's are in early!! - Page 2 - KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Bought it, went in to take a look, again asking was 6100 and i totally feel in love, they were taking to me about the price and i said no way they asked what i would pay. I knew 5500 was price of msrp plus taxes and licensing. Then again i knew that this has the new factor. I said 5800 otd. I was taking to both the owner and the sales manager. The owner started laughingand said you have any idea how fast this will sell for 6100, its only 1 of 3 in the state! I said forget it then but thanks for letting me look at it. as i started to walk away i could hear the sales manager talking to the owner and he said, this is 1 of 3 in the state and we don't know when more are coming, if word gets out we let this one go reasonable it could really help us. And then ask of a sudden the owner yells out you still want it, consider it yours. Filled out the paperwork and took it home. It was dark by the time i got home so no pics until tomorrow. But i can say this on my ride home i didn't go above 7k rpm and let me say it makes the 250 look weak, is constant power with no lag, its awesome. People can complain about the price if they want, but in my mind i got a good deal, i bought it as a commuter, so i didn't want angering bigger, but i can say it puts a way bigger smile on my face than my 250
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:28 AM

You did good. Enjoy the new bike.
post #13 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:28 AM

Cbzdel's experience is why I need to stay well away from the stealerships, I'll go in looking for a $40 helmet shield and leave $6000 poorer...

2013 Ninja 300 ABS

post #14 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbzdel View Post
Bought it, went in to take a look, again asking was 6100 and i totally feel in love, they were taking to me about the price and i said no way they asked what i would pay. I knew 5500 was price of msrp plus taxes and licensing. Then again i knew that this has the new factor. I said 5800 otd. I was taking to both the owner and the sales manager. The owner started laughingand said you have any idea how fast this will sell for 6100, its only 1 of 3 in the state! I said forget it then but thanks for letting me look at it. as i started to walk away i could hear the sales manager talking to the owner and he said, this is 1 of 3 in the state and we don't know when more are coming, if word gets out we let this one go reasonable it could really help us. And then ask of a sudden the owner yells out you still want it, consider it yours. Filled out the paperwork and took it home. It was dark by the time i got home so no pics until tomorrow. But i can say this on my ride home i didn't go above 7k rpm and let me say it makes the 250 look weak, is constant power with no lag, its awesome. People can complain about the price if they want, but in my mind i got a good deal, i bought it as a commuter, so i didn't want angering bigger, but i can say it puts a way bigger smile on my face than my 250
Nice one. That's my car/bike buying strategy as well. I WANT to buy a bike, they NEED to sell one; they're the ones that miss out when I walk out the door.
post #15 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 10:12 AM

Pics or I say you didn't buy! JJ, congrats on being the 1st with a cool as hell new toy!
post #16 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 10:20 AM

Please post some pictures!
post #17 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 10:33 AM
prs
Get off of my lawn Dammit

Location: Pennsylvania, USA 2005 Kawasaki ZX 6R (636) 2005 Suzuki GSX-R 750 ----2007 Suzuki DL650 WeeStrom

Congrats. And yes, pics please.

Sent from my transistor AM radio using my IDGAF app.
post #18 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

It happened, best I could do for now, I had to go into work this morning so I just snapped this and took off

The white is VERY strange, the flake in the paint gives it a different color depending on the light.. Sometimes it looks white, other times it looks gray, other times it looks like it has a blue tint to it. I really like it. Last night I was following my wife home and she had to stop at a gas station and I was getting compliments from the people around me that they loved the color

Worst part about it, it really makes the 09' 250 look dated parked next to it! Kawasaki really did a good job on this one!

Last edited by cbzdel; 09-22-2012 at 11:35 AM.
post #19 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 11:41 AM

I really don't need to be reading/viewing this thread, but since I am... Is the riding position on the 2013 the same as the 2012?

2013 Ninja 300 ABS
post #20 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Intermediate Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingtoscotland View Post
Haha, I got a brand new 2006 636 in September of 2006 for $7200 OTD. What the fuck?
Umm that was also when they were trying to clear out inventory for the year, it wasn't a brand new model, and it was 6 years ago.

Currently own:
05 Z750S
Have owned:
01 Volusia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode