Ninja 300's are in early!! - Page 3 - KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

riding position is exactly the same, but a whole new feeling because the suspension is so much smoother and tighter

The exhaust sounds about the same, that typical "put put" that the small engines give off, but it is MUCH more refined, and when you left off the throttle there is actually a low "bass'ey" rumble, the stock can sounds amazing for what it is, I can see some aftermarket cans sounding really good on this!

The gauges are a million times better than the 250, you have probably seen the pics online, whats not to like about them

Since I was riding at night, I can say the headlights are great as well, lots of light on the road.

And incase anyone was wondering I was at about 7000RPM at 60mph.

The one flaw that I have found, sometimes when I ride I put the ball of my foot on my peg, and if I to this my heal rest on the muffler, maybe I need to adjust my position slightly, but so far that is the only thing I do not like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Intermediate Member

that paint and the 636 paint is suppose to be matteish pearl white or something. when i saw both of them in person the white had that "weird" look to it; thats what pearl is suppose to do, change in light

Elka 3 way shock|Penske fork valves|Leo full titanium & CF|Hyperpro steering damper|GB frame slider & engine casings|Woodcraft clipons|Pazzos|ZG|Proton
post #23 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbzdel View Post
riding position is exactly the same, but a whole new feeling because the suspension is so much smoother and tighter
Even more reason for me to stay away! The Ninja 250 just feels like home to me but I'm trying to make peace with my CBR250 for the time being so I can hopefully put off my next purchase for another 6-12 months. Seems like and encounter with a Ninja 300 would make that an impossibility...

2013 Ninja 300 ABS

post #24 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

One weird addition to the controls was a "flash to pass" button, never seen one on a bike before, its located on the back side of the left controls, kinda behind the high beam switch, but you can easily tap it with you finger and the high beam will stay lit for as long as your holding it.

The front turn signals light up the ground at night which I though was a nice feature, not sure if it was intended but these things are BRIGHT!
post #25 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SombraPiloto View Post
Even more reason for me to stay away! The Ninja 250 just feels like home to me but I'm trying to make peace with my CBR250 for the time being so I can hopefully put off my next purchase for another 6-12 months. Seems like and encounter with a Ninja 300 would make that an impossibility...

I dont know what the powerband is on the CBR250 but if its anything similar to the Ninja 250, if you tried out the 300 you would dump the 250 in a heart beat if its financially possible. This 300 just is instant power, instant get up and up and go.
post #26 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Another thing I love is the clutch, I dont know what the actual pull of the lever is but say its 2" from the lever out to fully compressed to the grip. The "friction zone" is within the first 1/2" of pulling the lever. I kept over revving the engine becaue I would let the clutch out more and more and there was just nothing there until it was almost all the way released. Its begging for a set of Pazzo shortys almost adjusted all the way forward
post #27 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:33 PM

CBR has more low rpm torque than the Ninja 250 which is great for local riding but it's lacking some of the high rpm horsepower that make the Kawi better on the highway (in my experience). I'm not as interested in the higher end HP of the 300 as I am in the potential improvements on the lower end with the bump in CCs, I already know that I prefer the feel of the Ninja over the CBR but I'd love for it to be more of a even match around town.

2013 Ninja 300 ABS
post #28 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:43 PM

Congrats! My white 300 is on the way.

Does it look like a 250 slip on exhaust would fit, or will we have to wait?

Thanks

-THE DON
post #29 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Intermediate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbzdel View Post
Another thing I love is the clutch, I dont know what the actual pull of the lever is but say its 2" from the lever out to fully compressed to the grip. The "friction zone" is within the first 1/2" of pulling the lever. I kept over revving the engine becaue I would let the clutch out more and more and there was just nothing there until it was almost all the way released. Its begging for a set of Pazzo shortys almost adjusted all the way forward
that has to do with your clutch adjustment not your lever

Elka 3 way shock|Penske fork valves|Leo full titanium & CF|Hyperpro steering damper|GB frame slider & engine casings|Woodcraft clipons|Pazzos|ZG|Proton
post #30 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Core Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
Umm that was also when they were trying to clear out inventory for the year, it wasn't a brand new model, and it was 6 years ago.
You're missing the point. That markup and that kind of price(even the MSRP) for what is basically a 50cc larger EX250 is ridiculous.

Also the 07 wasn't even launched until December of 2006.

2005 ZX-10R Street and Track Whore

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode