Ninja 300's are in early!! - Page 8 - KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkw12002 View Post
Thanks HRCH. It is opinions of someone who has ridden both the 250r and 300r that are important to many of us cause we want to know how much better the 300r is. So far it varies from a lot better to a little better (2 early reviews). Normally, the first thing you would notice is how much easier the bike starts with FI. My 2012 250r would have to crank over a second or so to catch. All my FI bikes start instantly. I assume it's the same with the 300.

Keep us informed about comparisions between the 250 and the 300. It is even possible someone might decide to buy a new 250 if they can make a really good deal. I can see one thing already. Seat ht. The 250 seat ht. is higher just a little on the 300, so somone about 5'2" might need to lower the 300 but not the 250. There's a lot to think about when buying a bike.
I have not ridden her Ninja 300. But, I have riden her 250R. I can only go by what she has told me.
I hate to say this, but in my honest opinion, currently the way it stands, my wife's 2011 Ninja 250R SE looks nicer than her Ninja 300. Maybe because her 250R is an SE (pearl white) with lots of nice stock graphics. She even has a matching helmet for her 250R.

So hopefully, by this weekend we can have some comparison pics of the two bikes to post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 01:09 PM

HRCH, ride them both too if your wife will let you (being very careful not to drop either), and let us know how acceleration, power, handling, etc. compare. Everyone wants to hear about top speed too, but I know you can't test that on a new bike. I suspect there are a lot of people that are trying to decide between the 2012 250r and the 2013 300. My dealer has a bunch of 2012s.
post #73 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkw12002 View Post
HRCH, ride them both too if your wife will let you (being very careful not to drop either), and let us know how acceleration, power, handling, etc. compare. Everyone wants to hear about top speed too, but I know you can't test that on a new bike. I suspect there are a lot of people that are trying to decide between the 2012 250r and the 2013 300. My dealer has a bunch of 2012s.
Yes, she will let me ride it. After all, I taught her how to ride. (with a lot of help from Cpt Morgan

Hopefully, I won't drop her bike. I ride a 2012 ZX-14R but I promise to take it easy, I'm curious what this little rocket can do.

post #74 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

I havent gone above 7k rpm.. I really had no choice right off the showroom floor I was at 7k RPM.. A freeway was my only option home as this dealer was located in the middle of nowhere.. After the 10 miles on the freeway, kept it down a lot lower..

But up to 7k rpm I am happy with the power, I cant wait until I get this engine broken in and really see what it can do
post #75 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 11:31 PM

This will give you guys some idea of what it can do.

Dyno test comparison of a stock 250, a race 250 and a stock 300! Impressive I must say.
post #76 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 06:41 AM

Thank you for sharing that video with us. I was under the impression the new Ninja 300 had 39 horsepower. I guess that was what the engine produced Not rear wheel horsepower. But still at 33.9. Rear wheel horsepower the Ninja 300 even has more horsepower than a moded ninja 250r. Im thinking about having my wife's Ninja 250r and 300 dyno'd. But I dont think she will want her new bike screaming some revs until its broken in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by HRCH; 09-28-2012 at 07:20 AM.
post #77 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 07:01 AM

Per that video comparing the 3 bikes..... NICE!
post #78 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 07:30 AM

In my opinion, a motorcycle should produced better power once its been broken in properly. I recall complaining about my 2009 zx6r not having enough mid range power. That all changed at around 1000 miles. Unfortunately i sold my zx6r just before my wife started to learn how to ride. I bet I could have lowered that bike enough for her to ride. But, the wise part of me strongly believes a 600cc sportbike would not have been a safe beginner bike for my wife.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode