08' 650r fuel leak - KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 16
 
Garage
08' 650r fuel leak

08' NINJA 650R FUEL DUMPING!!!!!!

so what started all this :


a few months back i was unfortunate enough to collide with the side of a jeep while turning... in the midst of this accident no one was hurt and the bike wasn't damaged but ever since then my bike has dumped fuel out of the overflow on the tank? it trickles as i ride but when i stop it literally just dumps maybe a cup or 2 of fuel then stops... i rev it a little and it will dump some more.. i have no idea what happened! if anyone has a solution to this or maybe an idea of what is going on that would be a great help!!!
Logan J is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 04:01 AM
Intermediate Member
 
GR rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Posts: 2,045
           
Hi and welcome, check the fuel hose and the fuel line joints.

If you can't pinpoint the problem have the bike checked by a mechanic asap as hot surfaces can ignite the leaking fuel.
GR rider is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 16
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR rider View Post
Hi and welcome, check the fuel hose and the fuel line joints.

If you can't pinpoint the problem have the bike checked by a mechanic asap as hot surfaces can ignite the leaking fuel.

i have looked over everything as i have disassembled the bike for the winter do to some upgrades but it is only happening when the bike is running that's the part i can't figure out?

Logan J is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 03:12 AM
Intermediate Member
 
GR rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Posts: 2,045
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan J View Post
i have looked over everything as i have disassembled the bike for the winter do to some upgrades but it is only happening when the bike is running that's the part i can't figure out?
It is normal for the leak to appear and for the flow to increase as more pressure builds up through the fueling system with the engine running.

A friend of mine forgot to clip the fuel line on after removing the tank and he was out of gas after 55 miles with his legs and the rear of his bike soaked in gas.

This is why I always remind people to secure the fuel line but of course it can't be something else in your case.
GR rider is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 16
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR rider View Post
It is normal for the leak to appear and for the flow to increase as more pressure builds up through the fueling system with the engine running.

A friend of mine forgot to clip the fuel line on after removing the tank and he was out of gas after 55 miles with his legs and the rear of his bike soaked in gas.

This is why I always remind people to secure the fuel line but of course it can't be something else in your case.
I understand how a loose clip could cause a leak but this isn't a leak (in the normal sense)... So there is a hose running from the underside of the tank that runs all the way down to the bottom of the bike like an over fill drain possibly, but the thing is that it never had any liquid coming out of it prior to the impact/accident... (This is the confusing part) it lets fuel flow out whether the tank is full or near empty and it didn't do that prior. so my question is what would cause this.. the tank didn't take any damage in the accident i blocked the bike from hitting the vehicle with my body.

Logan J is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome