Read me !!!!
1. - Posts should be made in the relevant forum. Please read the forum descriptions before posting. Moderators will move threads to the correct forum when necessary.
2. - Post titles should be descriptive of the contents of your post. i.e. "Help with fuel injectors" instead of "HELP!!!!"
3. - Please do not cross-post or double-post topics... i.e. starting a thread that already exists elsewhere. Duplicate threads will be closed.
4. - Members should realize this board is open to a general audience. The posting of pornographic or any other generally offensive material is strictly prohibited.
5. - Members linking to or asking for information on the posting of specific information relating to how and where to obtain controlled substances or illegal activities is a violation of the board guidelines. This most directly relates to issues such as illegal file sharing and illicit drug use. Posts will be removed and sanctions may be imposed. This includes the sharing of any and all copyrighted materials that are posted to Kawiforums.com, hosted on Kawiforums.com or linked to in any part of Kawiforums.com without copyright ownership or permission from the owner of said copyright.
6.- Members are asked to respect the bandwidth of other sites. Inline () image tags linking to other sites without permission may be removed. If you quote text from another web site, please post the source of the text and/or a courtesy link back to the source.
Remember fair use of quoted text means no full articles will be allowed. Moderators will edit the post and ask you to repost the article in lesser length along with your comments.
7. - Members should post text in a normal and readable fashion. Moderators may adjust any post at their discretion to address this kind of issue.
8. - Members who post for the sole reason of being disruptive (as determined by the Moderators) may be subject to an immediate ban.
9. - If a moderator edits a post by a user and that user edits back over the moderators words, or intentionaly reposts material that was removed by the moderators, this will result in banning of that poster. The moderators are asked by management to enforce policy of the site. If you feel that the moderator has abused his or her power do not take matters into your own hands. Contact one of the administrators as an arbitrator.
10. - Duplicate accounts are not permitted. Any member creating duplicate accounts will face sanctions such as a ban.
11. - Threats of physical harm are not permitted. Any threat of death or personal injury will be taken seriously, and WILL result in an immediate ban with no warnings given.
1. - Signatures guidelines: 500 characters maximum; No images taller than 150 pixels and wider then 450 pixels.
2. - Signature text should not be not be distracting by its size or color. (Text size limit = 4)
3. - Moderators will adjust or remove signatures as needed.
4. - Links to competing sites in text or image sigs are not permitted and will be removed by the moderators.
1 - Users are permitted to upload their avatar, or use a remote image.
2. - Remote avatars are subject to previous rules on misuse of bandwidth.
3. - Avatars guidelines: 100X100 pixels square maximum size;
4. - Moderators will adjust or remove avatars as needed.
Advertising, Marketing & Spam
1. - You may not use these forums to advertise your products, services, web sites, or otherwise solicit business or web traffic from the membership as a whole without prior specific permission from the Kawiforums.com administrator. Spam will be removed, and repeat offenders may be banned. This rule applies everywhere within Kawiforums.com, including the private message system.
2. - Links to your own non-competing web site(s) are permitted in signatures. They should be of normal text size and may not contain, precede, or follow any additional marketing language. As per above, links to competing sites are prohibited and will be removed at the discretion of the moderators.
3. - Regular posters in good standing with Kawiforums.com will be allowed to talk about their website once in a while. Spamming a number of forums or members with this topic or only talking about their website will result in banning. Abuse of this privaledge will result in warnings and/or banning, depending on the severity of the violation.
1. - Disciplinary actions – While Kawiforums.com would love for all of its members to adhere to the board guidelines, we know that some members will not follow the rules. Rule violations have consequences as detailed below:
A. Warning - for the first offense of any of the board guidelines
B. 3-day suspension on the second occurrence of failing to comply with board guidelines.
C. 10-day suspension on the third occurrence of failing to comply with board guidelines.
These are guidelines that outline normal disciplinary actions. Actual disciplinary actions may vary depending upon the severity of the violation, and may include up to and including an immediate permanent ban.
2. - Members will either be warned or banned when found in violation of the rules. Bans can be temporary or permanent. Members will normally receive warnings prior to earning a ban, but in some extreme cases a ban may be applied without warning.
3. - Every rule is enforced at the judgment of the moderators. Moderators' decisions are final.
4. - Arguing with moderators in the open forums is strictly prohibited. Members who wish to question a Moderator must use the private message system. If a member feels that a moderator is abusing their power or not treating members fairly, the issue must be brought up over the private message system with that moderator, other moderators, and/or the Kawiforums.com administrator. Any public post that violates these rules may be locked or removed at the moderators' or administrators' discretion, and may result in disciplinary actions.
5. - A Member who attempts to re-gain access to this web site while under temporary ban, will automatically incur a permanent ban.
6. - Some permanent bans can be rescinded if certain requirements are met - PM an admin for more information on this.
INFRACTIONS / DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS
Infractions and disciplinary actions are based on a points system. Every infraction will result in a certain number of points. These points accumulate as infractions are committed and can result in a range of temporary and permanent bans. Points 'expire' over time based on the severity of the infraction, and may be assessed at the discretion of the administrators/moderators. Repeat offenses may be assessed more infraction points. Below are listed the types of infractions, points that are assessed, and the points scale for the ban levels.
Copyrighted Material / 1
Repeated Baiting / 1
Trolling / 1
Inappropriate Language / 2
Signature Rule Violation / 2
Spam Posting / 2
Forum Disruptions / 3
Insulting Other Member(s) / 3
Editing over a Moderator's changes / 5
Racism / 5
Pornography / 10
Ban Evasion / 50
Spam Advertising / 50
ACCUMULATED POINTS / BAN PERIOD
5 / 3
10 / 10
20 / 14
50 / Permanent
We reserve the right to edit, move or remove any content from these forums at any time for any reason without notice or liability. We reserve the right to ban or revoke privileges of any member at any time without notice or liability.
Rules Last Revised December 22 2007, 9:05pm EST