Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there everybody, so i know i STILL have not gotten round to posting my 825 project write up and im at the end of it and promise tons of photos but i got a big problem; from a stop openning slightly the gas makes it run dry and splutters and then BAM! Huge surge under 3k making slow running dangerous. Opening the idle screws 3 turns helped but bigger pilots didn't. From 3k onwards bike runs great!

Does the ivan's jet kit ask to simply remove the old pilot AIR jet like for 98/99 and 02/03 9r's, or is there a new pilot air jet to be installed afterwards for the 00/01 carbs? My problem seems to be pilot circuit based I thinking about removing the pilot air jets and opening the fuel screws 4 and a half turns and keeping the stock 38 pilots like I did with my 98 carbs in the end.

For background info I'm running 00 9r carbs in the bike and installed a 1:7 race kit from fp.
The bike is running a real cranking 13:1 compression ratio, micron headers from a 9r, a leovince sbk pipe and has a racekit cdi from a 1993 endurance bike and an adjustable ignition rotor set to 0 degrees.
Oh and the bike has a stock 1997 7r airbox and k&n air filter.

The bike runs pretty brutal with these carbs and unless im just running too much ignition advance due to the kawasaki racekit cdi, im at a lost and at the limit of finding a new set of 96+ 7r carbs....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't waste your time with jet kits. You can insert any brand you want here.

All you need is a Flow-Commander. Dial in the perfect mixture in seconds. This is a must for ALL carbed bikes. It will tell you if you need larger main jets or pilot jets. Easy as pie.

Flo-Commander by Performance Design

slomo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts