Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i had purchased an upper fairing cowl from someone on here and they claimed that the 06 zzr upper fairing cowl will fit my 01 zx6 and its not even close the fairing screw holes dont match up and the air duct doesnt fit from an 01 on an 06 upper fairing cowl. Plus the cowl is longer on the bottom. Just giving fair warning to anyone trying to fix there 00-02 not to get the upper fairing cowl from a newer model zzr, not a good idea.

·
Registered
277 Posts
No shit sherlock

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a lot of different things, and the gooey 1 this isnt the post for smartass remarks retard. If it was i would have made it part of the title.

·
Registered
443 Posts
wow i had no idea. i thought they were the exact same minus the stay as well...

dont you hate it when everyone has to throw their 2 cents in no matter how pointless it is? its so much easier to skip the thread.

·
Registered
474 Posts
do you have an 01 ZX6R or ZX6E? two very different bikes.

the 00-02 ZX6R is absolutely the same bike as the 05-07 ZZR600, except the colors and fairing stay.

Post up a pic of your bike, Im guessing you dont have a 00-02 J model, or its severely tweaked.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to post a pic... the holes dont match up at all. I have an 01 zx6r its the j model but this fairing that the guy gave me wasnt in the best condtion im guessing he got in an accident with it but it wouldnt effect where the holes line up on the plastics ill show you im going to do some things and after im going to post the pics.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Interesting. The first reponse was yesterday PRIOR to 837PM. It was a less than productive comment, but I've seen worse in the forums before. Regardless, here's my point... Isn't a deleted post marked DELETED so at least we know there was something there? In this case, it simply is as if it never existed. Big Brother, call you office.

Not trying to incite a riot, just curious.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Originally posted by Kawizx6r21
There are a lot of different things, and the gooey 1 this isnt the post for smartass remarks retard. If it was i would have made it part of the title.
Fuck you. Where did I take the wrong turn to retardland?

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by MRWGLO92
Interesting. The first reponse was yesterday PRIOR to 837PM. It was a less than productive comment, but I've seen worse in the forums before. Regardless, here's my point... Isn't a deleted post marked DELETED so at least we know there was something there? In this case, it simply is as if it never existed. Big Brother, call you office.

Not trying to incite a riot, just curious.
The gooey1 comment was deleted. The forum software is not setup to leave a notification for users to see if we delete something. Admins and mods can still see deleted posts if needed for reference.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ignore that link cause my friend was trying to use his camera but im just gonna take another pic they dont match one bit the holes are way off.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i just posted the pic click on the link to see how the holes do not match up on my zx6r 01 j model lol, if you want i will take pics of my vin to show you that the plastics do not fit 01's.

·
Registered
218 Posts

If you look close at the pic you will see that the bolts holes on the bottom of the nine's fairing are low and close together. While if you look at the zx6's upper they are spaced evenly.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts