Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 2000 zx6r that wrecked and cracked the frame and wanted to know if a 03 636 frame will work with my engine and swing arm any body know if it will work or if anyone has a clean title frame for 00-02

·
Registered
474 Posts
a 636 frame is going to cause you more headaches than its worth and many parts wont swap over.. save yourself the headache and find a clean title frame on ebay... its going to be a few hundred, probably $500+, but will save you much time and aggrivation of trying to bastardize a 636 frame into it.

I believe the 98-99 frame is the same as well, as a lot of things did not change from 99 to 00, but I would get confirmation from somebody that has done it before. Of course the new 05-06 ZZR600 frames will work as well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you ffei....so i can use a 05-06 zzr600 frame and all my stuff will fit fairins and everything???

·
Registered
474 Posts
They 05-06 ZZR600 is a J model, just like our 00-02 bikes are... The only difference I have noticed so far on the ZZRs are the upper fairing stay, which is different but will still fit the older bikes (I have the ZZR stay on my 01).... I see no reason for the opposite to be untrue... Visit your local Kawi dealer... You might be amazed how similar the bikes look.. Still curious to see if any other changes are noticable...

The 05-06 frame might cost more than a 00-02 frame (new and fewer miles), but you might actually get an insurance break because of the way they classify the ZZR as opposed to the ZX6R... stupid, I know, they are the same bike, but the insurance industry was never known to be brilliant to begin with...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks,so the only differnce is the stay bracket for the upper fairing i can use every thing else swingarm, sub frame, etc.... with no mods????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.