Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I was talking to the guys at kawasaki and they decided to look it up....and i guess it will work, the back end is the same on those models.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well I was talking to the guys at kawasaki and they decided to look it up....and i guess it will work, the back end is the same on those models.
I disagree. I have both a '01 ZX-6R and an '03 ZX-9R and although they appear similar, they are definitely different. I am not saying it is impossible, but it would not be a direct replacement. At the very least, both seats and their mounting hardware would also have to be swapped.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I disagree. I have both a '01 ZX-6R and an '03 ZX-9R and although they appear similar, they are definitely different. I am not saying it is impossible, but it would not be a direct replacement. At the very least, both seats and their mounting hardware would also have to be swapped.
I thought 01 - 02 had same bodies and then 03 was different?

·
Registered
132 Posts
yeah it will work the 03 and 01 like madViking was saying will not work because they changed the tail frame in 02 on all the bikes the zx6 and zx9 are all the same frame wise when it comes to the same year. thats why its why most people in 2000 swap the frame with a 01 zx6 or zx9

·
Registered
218 Posts
yeah it will work the 03 and 01 like madViking was saying will not work because they changed the tail frame in 02 on all the bikes the zx6 and zx9 are all the same frame wise when it comes to the same year. thats why its why most people in 2000 swap the frame with a 01 zx6 or zx9
Sorry but the zx9 frame and the zx6 frame are compelely different that I know for a fact. That is why no one has swap the 9 motor into the 6 frame. They have similar body work but they are not the same. I know the zx6 upper will not wrok on the 9. And the frame for the 9 is wider then the 6.

·
Registered
132 Posts
just so nobody says you cant do this or that, put it in a chopper frame it will save you money in the long run. you can do any thing you want with a bike the sky is the limit. But if you do go chopper with it, it make for a fun ride and its easy to do i have done 5 sport to chopper bikes and they kick tell. and you can sell left over parts like plastic and stuff pay for the new items.

·
Registered
261 Posts
No one saying that you can't do it, simply that it won't just drop in. With enough time, fabrication and money you could do just about anything. What most people are looking is the cheapest easiest way to get back on the road.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well i decided to buy a 6r fairing of the same year, and it is exactly the same in every way except for the rear seat is a tiny different in shape...havent bolted it on yet because my subframe is at a shop but mounting holes are in the same exacts spots so it looks like it will bolt right up...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts