Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on my way to the dealer ship to get a brand new 02 for 6900 OTD my bro called me and said that he found a 01 with 2900 miles on it and the guy is asking 5500 obo for it. Now i will get that one if the condition is excellent (that is according to the guy is) and i can bring the price down to around 4500-4700. Are there any major diffrences between 01 and 02? any major fixes for 02? thanx for ur help guys.

2001 Lexus IS300
2001 Corvette Z06
2002 Kawasaki ZX-6R

·
Registered
501 Posts
Go for the 01 if you can get the price down to 4500-4700. If the bike is well taken care it is a bargain. As far as any changes from 01 to 02 I dont think there are any. Same bike.

Let Saddam come and play!

·
Registered
690 Posts
get the 01 and be happy with the money you saved:D

Hell was full...so I came back
Friends don't let friends drive Hondas

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Depends on the paint scheme and the condition, but there's really no difference between the two models. Make the price difference worth your while though, because there's something to be said about being the only person who's driven your bike / done the break in, unless you can save a few bucks. Also keep in mind (very small point considering bikes are identical except for paint) that when / if you go to sell that '01 is going to be a year older, which doesn't mean much of anything if you're going to keep the bike and enjoy it for a while.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just bought a new 02 and changed the oil at 225 miles. Interesting metal shavings in the oil.

My point is that I know what I will do to keep my NEW bike in top shape and the bike only has history with me.

So, I say, buy the new one and you will know the bikes history.

IMHO!

Brucelee
2002 6R Chrome Yellow

"It is the art of fighting, without fighting!"

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you can get the 01 for that price I'd go for that one. Although, Thats quite a difference from what the guy is asking for it? I'm not sure how much he will knock off the price. Good luck. Either way, you're getting a kick ass bike. DJ's right, other than physical appearance there were no differences.

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.