Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm lookin at an 02 636 to buy and was curious to know a few things...

1/ how smooth is the motor throughout the rpm range(is it very vibey)?

2/ what is the throttle response like?

3/ How does the motor noise compare to other kawis?

4/ how does it respond to a slip-on pipe?

5/ Is there any problems with this model?

thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by Rane636
They did not make an 02 636. The 636 did not come out until 2003. Just a FYI.
Actually they did in Europe and maybe Australia/NZ (which I think is where greenblood is from)

It was basically the 6r frame with the 36 engine shoved in it...

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by PSCZX6R
Actually they did in Europe and maybe Australia/NZ (which I think is where greenblood is from)

not quite, it was the same 02 frame and engine we had here in Canada/USA, just bored out to 636cc's.
It is not the same engine in the 03 636's.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by GreenEnvy

not quite, it was the same 02 frame and engine we had here in Canada/USA, just bored out to 636cc's.
It is not the same engine in the 03 636's.
eh..well I knew I was close :)

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
OH yea, as for your actual question,
I hate to refer people to other sites, but this board has a very large majority of North American riders, and since we did not get an 02 636 here, you might not get those answers here as well as you could on this site... http://www.mcnninjas.co.uk/forum/portal.php

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
[:M15]

[:M120]

·
Registered
4,295 Posts

Not quite, don't forget the different head.

Just had to throw that one in. :D

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by -gary

Not quite, don't forget the different head.

Just had to throw that one in. :D
And it had some different stickers too [8D]

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Don't forget it also got lower friction fork sliders & revised forks, springs, and damping rates. ;) They loved it in the UK, BIKE in particular.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Heya Grunt... lovin' the new avie... you get that bike back up to snuff again yet? Any pics?

The 636 gained a lot of praise in Europe for smooth and linear power, particularly in the midrange. Same old story in '02 for the ZX6R... great engine, less focussed chassis, no new sparkle and glitter, but a damn fine all-around motorcycle if you weren't looking for the razor sharp, cutting edge supersport focus. Great bike for someone looking for a little extra grunt and a more upright, easy-going stance.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie
Heya Grunt... lovin' the new avie... you get that bike back up to snuff again yet? Any pics?

The 636 gained a lot of praise in Europe for smooth and linear power, particularly in the midrange. Same old story in '02 for the ZX6R... great engine, less focussed chassis, no new sparkle and glitter, but a damn fine all-around motorcycle if you weren't looking for the razor sharp, cutting edge supersport focus. Great bike for someone looking for a little extra grunt and a more upright, easy-going stance.
Thanks DJ, the bike is pretty well fixed, but not 100% back together again. I've been uber busy with other stuff (grunt_99 JR is on the way), and since riding season is over for me I'm in no rush. Started physio...damn wrist doesn't have full movement yet. I can't shoot the puck playing hockey, but I'm an assist kinda guy anyway ;):D. Pics will be posted once the unveiling is ready...stay tuned.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Those spec's are wrong, they've got carbies.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I rode one with a slip on muffler, probably an Akrapovic and the throttle response was really good. From memory the engine noise was much the same as any other ZX-6R. I can't really remember how smooth it was but I know it wasn't vibey so it must have been ok. It had nice power too. It's actually a really nice bike if you don't care about not having the latest thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.