Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one would you chose???

Little info...I commute 60 miles to work, do the occaisonal canyon ride, I want to start doing trackdays(none yet), but I will mostly ride to work. I have a black 636 now.

Which one???

(I know this is a tough question, but would like some input)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
'03 636 hands down. But that's just me. I'd prefer the new styling and better handling and top-tech components over extra power (and extra weight)... but it all depends on the kind of rider you are and the kind of riding you DO...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...I had a '9R about a year ago(I had it for about a year and a half...beautiful bike). I forgot what it was like riding it until a few weeks ago, when I rode my budies '01 9R. It felt like a friggin' goldwing in comparison [:p]

But the comfort and power is what I miss...it was like a relief from the 636.

I used to rail my 9R in the canyons...and after riding my buddies 9R, I couldn't beleive it after riding the 636 for a few months.

Shoot, the 636 is such a sweet bike...everything that I want in a sportbike...I just dont know if it is the best bike for me everday :( I wish I was rich and could get a couple of new bikes [:p]

I'm going 50/50 back'n forth between getting the 9R and keeping the 636.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I don't know how tall you are but, I would definately choose the 9R. All the new 600's are getting so small and uncomfortable, for us that are over 6 ft. I've got an 02 and even though it is larger than the 03, i'm still a little cramped.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
When you say you will use it mostly for commuting, and that's 60 miles, I'd say go for the '02 9r.

If you did more canyon carving and track days, I'd say an '03 636.

You'll like the added torque and power on the 9r I think and that is a better bike to have in the event you want to carry a passenger also.

Now if you wanted a bike that combines all of the above, then an 00-02 6r is where it's at.

-Flash

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I ride with a guy who rides a 02 9r and it's a sweet bike, BUT I like my 636 better and I ride it 55 mile round trip to work almost everyday!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.