Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
i was slooking to purchase frame sliders for my 2002 zx6r. However after talking to another forum member, it seems like the one that bolts on the fairings is a bad idea. In case of a drop the slider would levae your fairings cracked around the slider. He suggest me the one that bolts on the engine but require modification. Do any of you know any good ones, and have picture that i can see how it looks like. Any opions about this subject would be apreeciated. Thanks!

Yellow Ninja

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yeah, your friend is probably right. I have the lockhart phillips ones that just use the fairing bolt hole and they really dont look like they would do too much in a low side. The problem with using the motor mounts is the left side. I tried to figure out a way to mount extended frame sliders from my motor mounts but just could not find away to do the left. I figured I would have to modify the coolent resevoir or something. There must be a way cause these things are all over ebay. Just go to ebay motors, motorcycles, parts, and then do a search for kawasaki zx6r. You will be surprised how much stuff you will find.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea,
I actually look on ebay alot for parts. Except i have problems deciding on the frame sliders. I know that is is called "Frame slider" and will protect the frame. However i would like one that would not damage my fairings, as eveyone knows can cost more then frame sliders to replace. But thank you for the reply.

YellowNinja

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.