Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got her in 05 with 10k. Neutral was a little wierd but it worked just fine. I drove it about 3 years. Collected dust and sat (got another bike). I'm rehabbing it, new fairings, replaced fuel lines, reupholster seats,rebuild carb(no start),changed oil and filter,tires on order,new plugs. Anyway...oil was changed before even attempt of start. Now if I shift it in neutral from 1st I tap up and than have to do a slight tap down for neutral light to come on although it is in neutral. Taking it out,starts instantly,runs perfect. Driving I get up to 3rd I believe... shifting up is a bit choppy (about 7000rpm at 50) and I physically can not shift up anymore. Just won't go. So question is, should I drive it awhile, can still handle main roads just a higher rpm but it can handle it and hope if something froze up it will break loose? Should I check the clutch plates and sprints? Or should I pull the transmission? I'm not too familiar with motorcycle transmissions, I'm assuming frozen clutch plate or bent fork? But it was fine when it was parked. I did replace the clutch cable, have a extra one, adjusted it so my best ability, no change. I checked the linkage,the joints are lose and not bound up. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, and if it looks internal can I ride it into wonder than just do it then without causing damage? Oh last thing, there is no slip on transmission.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts