Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been trying to get this bike to run right. Running off a small auxiliary fuel tank for testing. I've cleaned the carbs twice now, had them off about 4 times messing with the floats. I set them at 17mm (spec) the first time I cleaned the carbs. Put new needles and idle screws in. Jets looked pretty new, stock size. Cleaned the emulsion tubes. Right now the bike starts right up, I was riding it around for a few minutes going through the gears and I thought my problem was solved, no dying good throttle response ect. This time I set them to 16mm to fill the bowls up more, correct? The bike will idle forever no problem. But I went to ride it a second time after it got hot, it bogged a little bit in the mid range and I thought fuck. Its doing it again. Put around a little more I loose throttle response, and it boggs out and dies. After it does this it will only start with full throttle. Let it sit a few minutes, and it starts up revs up fine whatever. Its gotta be the carbs... it really sounds like the floats are off, but I used a micrometer to set them... I might try to put the tank on, with my new petcock, and see what that does, I doubt it though. I'm pretty stumped, so I'm looking for some advice and if anyone else has had this problem. I adjusted the floats with them just touching the spring in the needle, not depressing it. I've done them before on my fj1100, with 4 carbs. How does this piece of junk with 2 carbs not work correctly? I'm tired of tinkering with it, I just want it to work right so I can sell the damn thing and make some money. Battery at 12.9 fresh off charger, when running it was at like 13.3 something close to that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts