Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to a local dealer, and checked out the new bikes, prices etc..

The dealer still has 1 02 model and is asking $6k for it the 03 is closer to 7k.
My question is should I safe some more and go for the new, or just get the older one and safe some?

Suggestion comments any one?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Wow, you're giving us a lot of power here...

Which one turns YOUR crank? Which one suits YOUR riding style? Riding experience? Which one makes more sense for YOUR bank account?

Sit on 'em both. Get a feel for the riding position... you'll notice both are DISTINCTLY different. Performance wise, the '03 will certainly suit the track a little better, but you might give up some "road-ability". Gotta ask yourself what kind of rider you are and which bike is ultimately gonna make you happier. Both are fantastic motorcycles, can't say you'd go wrong EITHER way.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to agree, that the 03 model, looks and feels a little bit higher and bigger and the fairing looks a little taller on the 02 model.

As far as the rider I can not say I am an expert but not a novice either, back in the mid 80's had one of the first ninja's, but mariedge made it go bye bye.

Now need to deside to go with the new or go with the used, can not make up my mind.

The used bikes around Dallas area are just as much as the new ones are.

Dessions, dessions, dessions.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you are going to spend that kind of money I would go with the 03. I would not buy used from a dealer, especially a used zx-6r when there are so many good bikes available from private sellers at MUCH better prices than $6000 for an 02. I live in galveston, near Houston and i think there are better deals to be had, if you want to go used of course. This is just my opinion.

You keep campaining for that ass-whooping you might get elected

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
In general for the question of 02/03 you'd want to ask how you are going to use it?

If you want to set record lap times on the track, or beat all your buddies on the street (and you yourself are good enough to do that) the 03 is the choice.
If you are like me, ride fast but are not all about the max speed, ride to work, go on longer rides (more then an hour or two) and want to do the odd trackday, the 02 is the choice.

For my needs, the 02 is better. Maybe next year I might want an 03/04 model if my situation changes, or maybe I'd still prefer the 02.. but for now, the 02 is better for me.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
327 Posts
I went for the 02 for several reasons, money being the main one. Another big reason is that I'm 5'4", and frankly the 03 was too high for me to sit on comfortably.

So if taller than me, go the 03, if you're a short-arse like me, the 02 is the better option :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you want a bike that is comfortable and will keep up with the rest of the 600's, get the '02. If you want a bike thats not very comfortable ( compared to the '02) but has more power and outstanding handling, get the '03. It all depends on what you want out of the bike. Put 10,000 miles on my '02 in 6 months, still have to break in my '03.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow, $6K is all for the leftover? I just bought one here for $6,700 and thought that was a great price! BUY IT UP! I wanted the leftover because of the new wrist position on the 03, too low for me. But if the wrist position is okay for you... you must decide!

2002 Yellow 6R

·
Registered
431 Posts
The riding position really changed on the 03. The 02 will be a bit more comfortable if you're going to be riding for a long time.

Old enough to know better...young enough not to care.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I rode both and bought the 02. No comparison from a "ride it everday perpective."

Great price on the 02-BUY IT!

Brucelee

"It is the art of fighting, without fighting!"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by wantone

Today I went to a local dealer, and checked out the new bikes, prices etc..

The dealer still has 1 02 model and is asking $6k for it the 03 is closer to 7k.
My question is should I safe some more and go for the new, or just get the older one and safe some?

Suggestion comments any one?Did you say only $7,000.00 for an 03 636? If so let me know, i am trading my 02 in 3 weeks? thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.