Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,i'm new to this board it has a lot of info.Iwould like to know why should i buy an 02 zx-6r over the 02cbr600f4i.Any insight on this will be appreciated!!![?]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Probably the biggest thing is that the ZX6R is a Kawasaki!! Sitting on the two bikes the 6R is more comfortable, as the ride position is more condusive to longer rides. I think that the F4i has higher pegs, which causes for some cramped up legs!

'98 ZX6R
"Ride Hard or Go Home!"

·
Registered
303 Posts
My personal reasons:

1. F4is have a well known problem with their CCTs. Honda doesn't always replace these under warranty.
2. The F4i seat is rock hard
3. F4i can't use swingarm spools
4. Single low beam light. ZX-6R lights are much much better. Ride magazine rated the ZX-6R lights as 4th on their Top 5 bikes with bright lights list.
5. F4i could use some more ground clearance

And unless you get a really good deal on the F4i, the ZX-6R will cost less as well.

2000 ZX-6R

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Sit on both, and ask yourself which one turns your crank.

For me, there's no question... Honda's have never "done it" for me... they always seem too polished and too finished for my liking, and closed in... sorta remind me of a hardcore Katana when I sit on them... and that's NOT a good thing.

But there's likely a reason why Honda can't get enough boatloads of them over to us every year... all a matter of personal opinion. The power and handling on those two bikes will be very comparable.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ask a F4i riding buddy of yours what these letters mean: CCT.

Then check out some F4i message boards about group buys for cam chain tensionsers. They are prone to failure on the F4i.

'00 ZX6R silver

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.