Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a ride last night and when I turned my high beams on all the headlights went out. Low beams everything is fine. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. If so what was the solution.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I'm with CDN on this one, check the fuses first. ...You could also have a bad relay.
Have you possibly swoped out the original bulbs for a higher wattage?

Keep us posted as to what you find...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2000 ZX6R. The high beam relay boot got moisture in it and caused the relay contacts to go south. The relay is located behind the windscreen. It was $5 from the local auto parts store. Good luck...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you give me more details on the location of the high beam relay? I checked the fuses and they are all good.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I believe the headlight relays are behind and under the instrument cluster... Take the windscreen off for better access.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are you sure you haven't burned the high beams of your bulbs?
I'm remembering that the high and lows aren't lit at the same time in a H4 bulb.
You've probably already tested this by flashing the high beams?

Or then you have got your problem solved :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still no high beams I took the relay out but I can not find a auto parts store that has one so I guess I have to go to the stealer tomorrow. I also notice the little parking light, the one above the two true headlights is also out. I do not believe it is the bulb beacause I do not beleive two bulbs would burn out at the same time.
Thanks for all the help everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.