Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really really like the fairings on the 03-04 zx6r (636) fairings, and was wondering sense i can get them cheaper then the 00-02 zx6r fairings would it be worth a shot to try to get them to work? I would really love to have mine look like that. I am pretty good with fiberglass and body work so i dont think it would be a huge deal. I just have never seen the bikes side by side for size comparasons. Is it doable without tons of effort? BTW i will be getting fiberglass set most likely, and i know i will need a windscreen, inside tail body seat lights f and r etc.
Ben

·
Registered
50 Posts
well if you happen to do this and you have the 00-02 upper cowling, right fairing in good shape i will buy them from you and help you with some of your cost for the 636 fairings.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope my bike is a 98, and the fairings are done or zip tied together lol thats why i am looking at the 636 fairings, i am going to sell my nose after i glass it and fix it up and prime it so i can make a few extra bucks on it, and my headlight also, but i am still debating the 636 stuff.
Ben

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well yeah i am going to make it work after seeing a members gettho old moch up of them zip tied i realize it is deff doable and i am going to do it, i am going to order a set of 03-04 636 fairings i found on ebay cheap, undertail, headlights, tail light, rear seat, and windscreen, i get paid on friday and thats what i will be getting, i also have to get the paint, i am making it blue and black, i would also like to make the frame and swingarm black and paint the wheels black and blue. I will post pics along the way and if anyone is intersted a how to for them. I just like the look of the pissed off feel and look of the 03-04.
Ben

·
Registered
876 Posts
Originally posted by ttr50rider12
well yeah i am going to make it work after seeing a members gettho old moch up of them zip tied i realize it is deff doable and i am going to do it, i am going to order a set of 03-04 636 fairings i found on ebay cheap, undertail, headlights, tail light, rear seat, and windscreen, i get paid on friday and thats what i will be getting, i also have to get the paint, i am making it blue and black, i would also like to make the frame and swingarm black and paint the wheels black and blue. I will post pics along the way and if anyone is intersted a how to for them. I just like the look of the pissed off feel and look of the 03-04.
Ben
you just better post up pics when your done bro

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i think i am putting it off and getting the 00-02 stuff for now and late ron in the winter i am going to do the 636 stuff, i realized i needed a few more parts then i thought like both seats, and it seemed cheap but them you price it up on ebay and its still cheaper to do a 00-02 conversion, i am trying to buy the guy in the classifieds sections 01 fairings off him. I basically need it to look good soon its kind of embarising to ride up on the ugly ass bike to school etc, so i am trying to get it to look good but also fairly cheaply, i cant afford $1000 just for fairing setup right now but later on in the winter i will be able too.
Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.