Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
all good...BUT where is the air fuel ratio chart??......that's the rest of the story of "is there any more power left ot be had"....

·
Registered
857 Posts
Originally posted by mitch179
yeah heres mine :

116.6hp 49.96 ft lbs of torque sooo damn close to 50!
thats almost pro 600 superbike #'s unless thats a racebike i highly doubt your street 636 does those numbers...alot of dyno's are shit and give inacurate results due to many factors...MadGamer is one of the few who has real acurate numbers he also ran his 160 times...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Why is there always someone to call out BS on someone's dyno numbers? I just don't see how 116 hp to the wheel is almost impossible to obtain. Someone enlighten me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
WTF mate .. i have the dyno sheet there ill take another pic of it if u think that one is fake ? what more do u need!?

and they are in no way impossible numbers [:M32]

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I am not hating, but for your 636 to make 116 is just to very unreal, especially when the rest of the world on average are only making in the 102 to 110 range for the 03/04 years.

I think you need to find another dyno shop and do another run cause those are some very big numbers, fast approaching what some of the racing bikes get and they ahve custom cams, full prototype exhaust and Kawasaki engineers and tuners on hand to ring them out.

I just read in this months issue of one of the mags that the formula extreme class bikes are only in the 130 to 140 range with all of the mods they have done.

I dont think anyone is trying to flame you, just trying to tell you your dyno operator and dyno are reading way too high for that bike.

·
Registered
452 Posts
he's not saying you fabricated the dyno chart or anything of the sort, merely stating that some of the numbers that certain dynos spit out may be inflated and therefore are an inaccurate representation of what is really going on.

·
Registered
857 Posts
[:+1] to sneakyws6 & lgm118icbm
that's what i ment, i wasn't calling you a liar mitch179 i beleive your sheet is authentic, but as they said dyno's can be un reliable, and 116 is racing class hp on a 600, i was just at the races this weekend and the pro 600 suprbike top bike were 115-118 and they have tons of mod's done...

·
Registered
104 Posts
believe what u like, keep in mind the race bikes a 599cc, and they are punching out 140hp .. so why is 116 so un achievable ? i have a print out of 2 runs one 116 one 114.. but anyway, a cbr1k will put out around 150 something hp measured on the same dyno .. which is about what they are supposed to, so i dont think its grossly inaccurate, but believe what u like, the fuelling on it is spot on and i like it, doesnt really matter if u guys believe it or not!

EDIT:

also read the service manual, the US spec bikes put out less hp cause of your shit fuel etc. service manual states that the Aus model puts out :

83 kw

US model 78 kw

so in standard form u guys are already down 5kw..

mine has a slip on and pc3 which has to be worth a bit more, so i dont believe the numbers i got are impossible or bs.

·
Registered
260 Posts
well i agree with some of you guys in that dynos vary alot but on the otherhand hp that he is claiming doesn't sound unatainable, anyway you should use the dyno to tune the bike to optimum performance and not worry about what hp numbers the dyno says when you should looking at how the bike reacts and performs with the changes you have made.

·
Registered
47 Posts
peak hp is nothing more then a number. power curve, air/fuel etc... all add to the rideability. in gp, some of the bikes differ as much as 20+hp, for them the fight is getting it to the ground.

if you like the way it sounds, the way it builds and the way it feel on the throttle, air/fuel is ideal or near ideal across the revs, you've achieved what you wanted. if somebody ran a 115 hp dyno run and it bothers you, go buy a liter bike. then the 5 or 6 hp you struggle to believe he has on you won't mean sh1t.

mine picked up 9 hp from stock, not because of the exhaust or pcIII was so great, but because it was so rich from the factory and the dyno shop was able to set me near ideal at all points. My Peak hp? not great. sure 9 up from baseline but what really mattered is the bike was a totally different animal from 1200 to about 13500 rpm. thats what brought the grin factor.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Originally posted by mitch179
believe what u like, keep in mind the race bikes a 599cc, and they are punching out 140hp .. so why is 116 so un achievable ? i have a print out of 2 runs one 116 one 114.. but anyway, a cbr1k will put out around 150 something hp measured on the same dyno .. which is about what they are supposed to, so i dont think its grossly inaccurate, but believe what u like, the fuelling on it is spot on and i like it, doesnt really matter if u guys believe it or not!

EDIT:

also read the service manual, the US spec bikes put out less hp cause of your shit fuel etc. service manual states that the Aus model puts out :

83 kw

US model 78 kw

so in standard form u guys are already down 5kw..

mine has a slip on and pc3 which has to be worth a bit more, so i dont believe the numbers i got are impossible or bs.
the racebikes putting out 140hp is a 1000cc as mentioned in someone elses post about formula extreme bikes...so no 599cc or 636cc bikes do not do anywhere close to 130 -140 unless they have nitro or a turbo...as for fuel maybe 1 or 2 hp mx if that is even true...also if that same dyno got your cbr1k at 150 it is clearly bs a cbr 1k is closer to 130 most likly below...why is everyone elses hp#'s way below yours because yours is not the proper number unless their doing crank hp not real wheel horsepower which might make sense...and the #'s aren't impossible as i stated earlier you can easily achive them if your engine isd ecked out with all the goodies like a race bike or if you have a shot of nitrous or turbo...but since you only have a pc3 and slip-on it's doubtful, go to another dyno and see if the number's are the same...

·
Registered
47 Posts
that not true. superbike 600cc motors make 130+ rwhp all the time. the local shop here as an 05 cbr600rr thats at 136-139 depending on temperature.

a .6 liter motor pushed to those capacities will be all high rpm power, and strictly for wringing it out at a track, but they exist, without turbos or nos.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Im not sure if this link well mean anything to u guys but i thought it might show you what some bikes are putting down on the dyno from sportrider. A lot that has to do with the different numbers people get is the enviroment the dyno takes place... You get a good colder day with low humidity and nice dense air ur gonna pull higher numbers then a hot muggy day thats just the way it works...

http://sportrider.com/tech/146_weights_measurements/index5.html

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.