Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

03-04 Shorty "GP" Style exhaust?

• Hell yes! Here's my C/C number, just ship it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've got an Akrapovic race system on the bike, it would depend on what the dyno #'s are, I like the look, but if I lose a bit of power it's not for me

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm, honestly I hadn't really thought of doing a dyno before/after. I was after something purely cosmetic. I know, I know.....could be [:Squid]'ish. But I don't track day my bike, so I'm not worried about squeezing every bit of performance out of it.

I'll look into finding a dyno in town and see what happens. I'm curious now.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
it would def be a go if it came with a power commandermap.

·
Registered
243 Posts
let me know when you do this man
i'm very interested and trying to get a new exhaust for my bike
thanks

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, poster board mock-up done! :D
what'd ya think??

The area between the outer and inner pipes will be packed like a muffler. But this thing is SHORT and I can only imagine how LOUD this it's gonna be. [}:)]

I need to finalize material costs and get one fab'd before I can even think to give any prices.

Please be patient, I'm a one man show in my garage in my spare time. :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
i'm for sure down
i'm in the process of selling my slip-on and buying a new exhaust
you know how long this will take before i get get my hands on one?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by goldenboy
..... how long this will take before i get get my hands on one?

I'm not sure right now. I'm still finding sources for the tubing. I'll need to get material for one, and get it fab'd. Then see what the time and material cost is and go from there.

Please remember the one man show in my garage in my spare time. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Keep me posted on this shorty gp exhaust. I am definetly in to buy one. I love the look. Also when done can you post some sound clips of it.:D

·
Registered
674 Posts
I was just curious...since kawasaki and suzuki are kinda buddy buddy companies...dirt bikes are exactly the same. I was wondering if the pipes are the same diameter and if you could just buy the can from a new gsx-r600 and bolt it on to the kawi?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Originally posted by Marine_27
I was just curious...since kawasaki and suzuki are kinda buddy buddy companies...dirt bikes are exactly the same. I was wondering if the pipes are the same diameter and if you could just buy the can from a new gsx-r600 and bolt it on to the kawi?
That's a good idea I need to look into this also...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Marine_27
I did some searching. I don't think you'll be able to do that. The collector is too far forward on the GSX-R. The exhaust itself looks too long to fit under the ZX-6R.
http://www.baysideperformance.com/images/large/yoshimura/gsxr6706trcstainless_LRG.jpg
http://www.baysideperformance.com/images/large/yoshimura/r55yosh_LRG.jpg

If you look at my pic #5 you can see the collector is well behind the trany.

1 - 20 of 251 Posts