• 05/06

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Come on now...dude just wants an opinion! But yeah, you could search this one and get a lot. anyway, If money was not the object, and I could go back about 6 months, I'd get a gsxr750 (sorry guys). there's not TOO much difference between the 03/04 and 05/06: I've had both and would have to say my 03' pulled better off the bottom, the 05' is slightly faster on top, and the 05' has a better suspension and slipper clutch to boot, but you could probably pick up an 03' for a really good price.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
i agree with all of that except buying the gixxer.oh and the 03/04 definitely wheelie alot easier.
Originally posted by Whlyphobia
Come on now...dude just wants an opinion! But yeah, you could search this one and get a lot. anyway, If money was not the object, and I could go back about 6 months, I'd get a gsxr750 (sorry guys). there's not TOO much difference between the 03/04 and 05/06: I've had both and would have to say my 03' pulled better off the bottom, the 05' is slightly faster on top, and the 05' has a better suspension and slipper clutch to boot, but you could probably pick up an 03' for a really good price.

·
Registered
93 Posts
03/04 is a better looking bike...besides i think they are more fun to ride due to the fact that the suspention is not as good as the new bikes, to me being a little unpredictable is kinda fun

·
Registered
302 Posts
'05 / '06 are the better everything bikes. I wouldn't even look at an '03 when it came out. I had an '02 as was going to upgrade but didn't cause I thought the '03 / '04 was ugly IMO. Anyways when I saw the '05 I fell in love and had to have one and she has been a very special part of my life ever since.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
yeah i mean look how ugly mine is terrible lines right.
Originally posted by dzld636
'05 / '06 are the better everything bikes. I wouldn't even look at an '03 when it came out. I had an '02 as was going to upgrade but didn't cause I thought the '03 / '04 was ugly IMO. Anyways when I saw the '05 I fell in love and had to have one and she has been a very special part of my life ever since.

·
Registered
56 Posts
03/04s are definitely awsome bikes... enough power, great looks, more aggressive... but the 05/06s are the next step. Chassis is better for street use, a bit more power, but power delivery is much smoother and absolutely awsome looks too. So i would get ne 05-model. But still it`s never a fault to buy an older one...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Apparently, you can't lose, both are awesome bikes. Find a good deal and have at it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
the best part about an 03/04 is every time your on the highway at very illegal speeds in a curve and you see some rough road or an expansion joint coming up, you say oh shit, you imagine what getting bucked at 140 is gonna feel like, you squeeze the tank hard as you can and hang on for dear live as the ride gets violent for a moment, and you watch your friends who ride normal bikes sail around the same curve as if they're riding on clouds. OK so i'm dramatizing a little but it kinda like that. you sorta have to have a screw loose to really love an 03/04 as a road bike. it's probably a killer track bike but i dont know cause ive never been on a track. it seriously keeps you on your toes and makes you a better rider. i wouldnt trade mine for any other bike ive ever ridden. any other bike including the 05/06 feels like a cadillac. but thats just me:D

·
Registered
323 Posts
03/04 old technology; 05/06 new technology thats all, owners that cant accept that fact is in denial. But in the end you should be happy that you got a bike; especially a Kawi [;)I wish I didnt buy 2 Kawi's and I would gotten a ZX10R blah I wish I had the balls to trade in the 650R :(

·
Registered
590 Posts
Originally posted by smarticus
the best part about an 03/04 is every time your on the highway at very illegal speeds in a curve and you see some rough road or an expansion joint coming up, you say oh shit, you imagine what getting bucked at 140 is gonna feel like, you squeeze the tank hard as you can and hang on for dear live as the ride gets violent for a moment, and you watch your friends who ride normal bikes sail around the same curve as if they're riding on clouds. OK so i'm dramatizing a little but it kinda like that. you sorta have to have a screw loose to really love an 03/04 as a road bike. it's probably a killer track bike but i dont know cause ive never been on a track. it seriously keeps you on your toes and makes you a better rider. i wouldnt trade mine for any other bike ive ever ridden. any other bike including the 05/06 feels like a cadillac. but thats just me:D
I like my nuts slapping the tank, makes me feel alive!!!:D see my sig:D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ok...Ride real fast one time with a slipper clutch then ride one time just as fast w/o one. I had a 03 ZX6R and loved it 100%! Greatest looking bike I'd ever seen, Then had a hiccup, got a POS of a bike, then got my 05! I like how it looks, but it handles way better than the 03, and is a bit more refined, and has the slipper clutch. Ya to me it was the deal breaker between another 03/04 and the new 05/06's. I also like the Radial Master and the front a bit better. Please dont get me wrong though 03/04 owners! You have a awesome bike! Way better than Suz, Yam or Honda in 03/04! My $.02 FWIW.[^] Go Green!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.