Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can it be done? i know that its a popular conversion for Z1000's

but can it be done to the Z750?

·
Registered
135 Posts
hello , I also was thinking 'bout a Z750 with another frontfork before buying the 1000 i now have. The weak fork of the 750 is the soft spot with this Z.

In my opinion going after the fork of a 98-99-00-01-02 zx6R type maybe the beter and cheaper option.
Remember this fork is also complete adjustable and only needs 9Nm lineair springs , you'l be amazed with the potential of that type of cartridge in the Z750.

Ok I admit an upside down looks beter specially the 636r/03-06 types but you'll get a lot of extra work because that type of fork is much to soft for the 750 and needs an complete rebuild.

a pic of the racezed from a friend of my , shot @ the zolder-Belgium racetrack last month during an endurance race that took place.

and a short racevid ,

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=6669775633825448083&q=endurance+met

·
Registered
135 Posts
looks great and sure does the job , what type of spring did you put and how much Nm.
The standard is to soft you must admit , compare the weight of the zx636R and the Z750 and you'll notice the difference and that has to be compensated isn't it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
groenekwak said:
hello , I also was thinking 'bout a Z750 with another frontfork before buying the 1000 i now have. The weak fork of the 750 is the soft spot with this Z.

In my opinion going after the fork of a 98-99-00-01-02 zx6R type maybe the beter and cheaper option.
Remember this fork is also complete adjustable and only needs 9Nm lineair springs , you'l be amazed with the potential of that type of cartridge in the Z750.

Ok I admit an upside down looks beter specially the 636r/03-06 types but you'll get a lot of extra work because that type of fork is much to soft for the 750 and needs an complete rebuild.

a pic of the racezed from a friend of my , shot @ the zolder-Belgium racetrack last month during an endurance race that took place.

and a short racevid ,

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=6669775633825448083&q=endurance+met
I would like to swap to a zx10 front end the forks are 43mm instead of 41 like the stock Is it possible to machine out the triple trees or will I have to use the zx10 triple trees? I am trying to buy a full front end wheel, brakes, bars, triple trees and all. Is the stering stem for the z1k and the zx10 the same size? If so I could just put the whole assembly on at the stem. I don't know what I would do about the clipons though, I don't think I would like being bent that far over to ride. Also if I swapped the whole front end I haven't figured out how I will attach the light, front faring, guages etc. I haven't looked on mine to see if that stuff is actually attached to the triple trees or if it clamps on to the forks. I think this would be a great up grade if I could make it work. I love the black coating on the polished part of the fork tubes that the zx10 and gsxr1000 have. I have also been looking at the gixxer 1k front end because of the stock stering dampner that is included. Please give me your thoughts and any info or critisim on this subject.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would like to swap to a zx10 front end the forks are 43mm instead of 41 like the stock Is it possible to machine out the triple trees or will I have to use the zx10 triple trees? I am trying to buy a full front end wheel, brakes, bars, triple trees and all. Is the stering stem for the z1k and the zx10 the same size? If so I could just put the whole assembly on at the stem. I don't know what I would do about the clipons though, I don't think I would like being bent that far over to ride. Also if I swapped the whole front end I haven't figured out how I will attach the light, front faring, guages etc. I haven't looked on mine to see if that stuff is actually attached to the triple trees or if it clamps on to the forks. I think this would be a great up grade if I could make it work. I love the black coating on the polished part of the fork tubes that the zx10 and gsxr1000 have. I have also been looking at the gixxer 1k front end because of the stock stering dampner that is included. Please give me your thoughts and any info or critisim on this subject.

·
Registered
15 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts