Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i ended up braking my driver pegs on my 04 zx6 . so i ordered new one and they didnt come with instructions. does anyone know how to install them . thanks:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
On my 06, you just remove the one allen bolt, take the peg off, replace it with the new peg, put the spring back in its place and put the bolt back on. Just take your toolbox with you, it should be self-explanatory.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i broke the peg only not the bracket. but when i tryed to take it off it has no screw was so even . it has a cylinder which is hallow in the middle and therse is a c ring on the end of it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you don't mind my asking, where did you order it from and how much did you pay? I had a little bad luck yesterday when my brother backed out of the garage and knocked my '04 over - which was flawless, only 1300 miles, now scratched on one side - and broke one of my pegs. Funny enough, mine is blaze orange too. Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol the shipping company ended up beaking my pegs. it had only 950 miles on it. i bought it off of ebay. it 20 plus 6 shipping but make sure in the auction it say 2003 - 2004 zx6r. i got it in silver but you can get blue black and other colors.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Pretty straightforward -
1. Note the orientation of the spring that returns the peg if it folds up. (have a beer)
2. Take a standard (flat) screwdriver and slide the c-clip out of the groove that holds it. (have a beer)
3. Slide the hollow, cylindrical bolt out of the bracket and peg. The peg and the spring should be free to remove. (have a beer - you're doing great!)
4. This is the only difficult part, you may want to have a beer and take a few deep breaths. You need to hold the bracket, the new peg and the spring, all in their proper orientation in relation to each other as you slide the hollow, cylindrical bolt back through the whole assembly, ensuring that the return spring is in the proper orientation that you noted in step 1. If this step is successful, have two beers but DON"T let go of the assembly yet. (I told you this would get tricky)
5. Slide the c-clip back onto the groove of the hollow, cylindrical bolt. If you can do this, the task is complete and you should have a complete bracket/peg/spring assembly. Congratulations! Have a shot of tequila and six beers but DON'T DRIVE!
Good luck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got a question on the right handle bar controls. under the red cut of switch there is a button that goes from right to left anyone know what that does. thank you

·
Registered
95 Posts
was the peg you purchased an oem or aftermarket? the only oem pegs i found were like $40+. Ive been searchin for a used one but if this is almost the same, then why not.

can you link the auction you won?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.