Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just installed 05 wheels on my ride and just wanted to see who else has done it,pics please.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts


 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,463 Posts
Some damn fine machines[:M14]
Only thing i really want to say is that lil ninja whats with that huge Micron? can on your bike?

tdahle that red & yellow bike look sweet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,560 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
Some damn fine machines[:M14]
Only thing i really want to say is that lil ninja whats with that huge Micron? can on your bike?

tdahle that red & yellow bike look sweet
That Micron just looks like the prospective is weird or something, but yea it looks large.

I agree about the yellow 636... its from a fairly new member I can't recall at the moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a micron and I was sayin the samething when I first got it too, I bought it used and the bike is real silent with it. I'm workin on a custom exhaust for the bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Hey tdhale does that red bike have an 05-06 front fender? Can't wait to post my bike up with this set-up. Just waiting on the shipping confirmation on the rear wheel so I can order the kit from Royce636. Anyway, what did everybody pay for the wheels? I got my rear wheel from ebay for $203.00. I think thats a fair price. Now I would need a front wheel. Does anybody know of one for sale?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,560 Posts
Originally posted by billas double R
Hey tdhale does that red bike have an 05-06 front fender? Can't wait to post my bike up with this set-up. Just waiting on the shipping confirmation on the rear wheel so I can order the kit from Royce636. Anyway, what did everybody pay for the wheels? I got my rear wheel from ebay for $203.00. I think thats a fair price. Now I would need a front wheel. Does anybody know of one for sale?
Yea thats a Ti front fender, as well as an 05 swingarm in case you didn't notice that as well. It's from a past member who ended up getting banned unfortunately, so his directions or the swap are now unavailable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts
Anyone know what the weight difference is between the 03-04 and 05-06 wheels? I remember people saying the rotors make a huge braking difference but i'm wondering about the wheel weight differences.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
Originally posted by 2003Texas6r
Anyone know what the weight difference is between the 03-04 and 05-06 wheels? I remember people saying the rotors make a huge braking difference but i'm wondering about the wheel weight differences.
it feels lighter compared to when i took my old ones off and installed the new ones (but it could have been in my head)
and it definately brakes better


Originally posted by jeieien
yeah and is it a pretty easy install?
you can do it in the amount of time it take you to remove your wheels the kit ROYCE636 sold me is pretty darn idiot proof. the only problem i had is i used the 06 sprocket on the rear and apparently it is 3 teeth bigger so my chain is extremely tight. (i haven't gotten around to getting a new chain yet, but ive only ridden it 3 times since the swap)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top