Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a little over 100 miles on my bike and noticed some ticking that keeps pace w/ the RPM's of the bike. It's not obtrusively loud, but i can definately notice it at lower speeds.

I didn't notice it at first, but since I have, it's much more obvious to me. I followed the break in procedure outlined in this thread as close as i can: topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1380 . Could the break in have anything to do w/ this ticking? Is it normal? Anyone else notice it?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
On the '03 636 that ticking sound you are hearing is a pcv valve. It is a one way valve so it is constantly opening and closing. There has been many responses to that sound on this forum. We all agree two things; It's a pretty annoying sound and that its perfectly normal.
Here are two threads that go into more detail about it. Now that I have over 3,000 miles on my '03 I can actualy here that tapping noise up to about 45 MPH. But that may be because I dont wear a helmet. You can usually hear alot more bike sounds if you take a quick ride with no helmet on.

/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3109&SearchTerms=636,ticking

/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2626&SearchTerms=636,ticking

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.